Contribute
Register

MSI GS63VR 7RF Stealth Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are all in place. It is strange that in my previous setup, I had no issue's with the DVM-T pre-alloc. But now, if I check the system report, it does report only 31mb of ram for the iGPU, so I'm probably screwed on that one, as I have no options in my bios to alter this value(ad have no aspiration to tweak bios-images etc....) . I do find it strange that this value didn't bother my setup on 10.11.x? Is it at all possible that removing the windows-installation has anything to do with this .... ?

You must be doing something wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I forgot about that line in your faq, sry about that. How could I check if the nividia card is not routed via the intel igpu?

Check in Windows.

and the webdrivers probably won't work until I disable the igpu, right? so i need to follow your guide on disabling that: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/.

If you have Optimus you cannot disable the IGPU.

You must be doing something wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I will report on this one later.

If you have Optimus you cannot disable the IGPU.
Just a quick question => If my laptop is using optimus, which it apparently does :s, there's no way of using the nvidia gfx, right? Because if so, I would just avoid all trouble for now & revert back to el-capitan. The only reason for me to go to sierra, was native nvidia support...

Just a quick question => If my laptop is using optimus, which it apparently does :s, there's no way of using the nvidia gfx, right?

Correct (as per FAQ).

I will report on this one later.

Just a quick question => If my laptop is using optimus, which it apparently does :s, there's no way of using the nvidia gfx, right? Because if so, I would just avoid all trouble for now & revert back to el-capitan. The only reason for me to go to sierra, was native nvidia support...
optimus won't work on Sierra or El Capitan :(

it seems like they have enabled optimus for 7th gen laptop, i have a gt62VR variant and dont have optimus. also if your display doesnt have G-sync its most likely optimus.

it seems we both have same sound ALC898, i did many AppleHDA and appleALC patch and none worked(no sound). only VoodoHDA works. also voodo detecs the main speaker and subwoofer as seperate so you can only use one at a time you can combine those two using Audi midi setup in the mac applications. works perfect.

Last edited:
optimus won't work on Sierra or El Capitan :(
I know, I really didn't pay attention for optimus when my employer bought me this laptop so it sucks. But hey, I won't be doing any gaming on mac anyways, I'll use windows for that; thus the double boot. I didn't manage to quickly fix my graphics issue's with sierra, so opted to just put back the backup I had from my el capitan install and now everything is fine again.

it seems like they have enabled optimus for 7th gen laptop, i have a gt62VR variant and dont have optimus. also if your display doesnt have G-sync its most likely optimus.

it seems we both have same sound ALC898, i did many AppleHDA and appleALC patch and none worked(no sound). only VoodoHDA works. also voodo detecs the main speaker and subwoofer as seperate so you can only use one at a time you can combine those two using Audi midi setup in the mac applications. works perfect.

I didn't now that, and the ALC898 really is sad, but I'm mainly using my BT headset, so there's no real issue for me there. I do use the voodooHDA kext & it does register 3 seperate devices. I don't really expect much from the built in speakers, so If they can produce some sounds that's fine, even if the subwoofer doesn't come in. What does bother me is the fact that the headphone jack is registered as an spdif output, and I'm not able to tweak the volume level of it, so it's super loud... so if anyone has a fix for that, that would be great.

Other than that, I will perhaps be looking into swapping the bt/wifi card just to be able to use this laptop in front of tv or wherever I am.

Last edited:
I know, I really didn't pay attention for optimus when my employer bought me this laptop so it sucks. But hey, I won't be doing any gaming on mac anyways, I'll use windows for that; thus the double boot. I didn't manage to quickly fix my graphics issue's with sierra, so opted to just put back the backup I had from my el capitan install and now everything is fine again.

I didn't now that, and the ALC898 really is sad, but I'm mainly using my BT headset, so there's no real issue for me there. I do use the voodooHDA kext & it does register 3 seperate devices. I don't really expect much from the built in speakers, so If they can produce some sounds that's fine, even if the subwoofer doesn't come in. What does bother me is the fact that the headphone jack is registered as an spdif output, and I'm not able to tweak the volume level of it, so it's super loud... so if anyone has a fix for that, that would be great.

Other than that, I will perhaps be looking into swapping the bt/wifi card just to be able to use this laptop in front of tv or wherever I am.
you can easily fix it using soundflowerbed. combining 2 speakers have same problem of no volume control i fix it using soundflowerbed. just assign the output device to 2ch of soundflower and select soundflower 2ch in volume output and thn you can control volume easily.

you can easily fix it using soundflowerbed. combining 2 speakers have same problem of no volume control i fix it using soundflowerbed. just assign the output device to 2ch of soundflower and select soundflower 2ch in volume output and thn you can control volume easily.
wow thanks a lot that did fix that issue!

I've updated my first post recently to include the current status.

Update 21-04-2017:
........ ethernet can be fixed with the right kext (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/atherose2200ethernet.322/) ......

Ethernet is working and i've used the atherose2200ethernext kext for that. I'm not sure if all the advanced features work, but basic internet/networking is working as expected, and didn't have any issue's with this kext what so ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back