Contribute
Register

MSI - GS60-6QE Mojave installation (Displayport/Wifi/Bluetooth issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GeForce 970M/HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I have set up my GS60-6QE(1080p) with Mojave .

Working:
*CPU(6700HQ), iGPU(HD530) (discret gtx970m disabled)
*sound (ALC899)
*sound controls from Keyboard
*Speakers + Headphone + Microphone(headphone or internal microphone)
*Battery state
*Brightness controls
*All USB Ports + Thunderbolt

Not Working:
*Displayport crashes if i plug it in or out (Connected to intel iGPU)
*Only SPDIF-out for Headphones.(No volume controls)
*No Wifi or Bluetooth (only with dongle)(Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174)

Regarding the Displayport issue, it causes kernel panic and reboots(i think) HDMI output has no problem at all. If i connect both hdmi and displayport, At this point if i turn off the Monitor(DP is still connected next to HDMI) pc reboots.

Did anyone managed to make one of them work? Are you able to adjust volume through headphones? I would be appreciated if anyone could help me. thanks!

Edit: Sound Siphon fixed the problem with volume controls. It is basically duplicating the outputs. decoding the one from sound card, applying volume controls and encoding again. I also have tried the recomended AppleALC patching in forum(didn't work) and also AppleHDA patcher( wasn't stable, low sound quality and glitches).

Attachments

• MSI-GS60-6QE.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
hey man gj, i will try your config.
in my config, appleALC is not reliable & can't make sleep work, for bluetooth i have bought a BCM94352Z, works ok. never tried displayport , i also have same issue with spdif

*No Wifi or Bluetooth (only with dongle)(Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174)
I recommend using BCM94352Z for your wifi/bluetooth. Using a usb for wifi/bluetooth tends to bring more problems with usb ports.

Are you able to adjust volume through headphones?
I am able to adjust volume through aux headphones with AppleALC. Try changing your layout-id to 98 or 99 and let me know if this fixes your audio if you switch to AppleALC.

hey man gj, i will try your config.
in my config, appleALC is not reliable & can't make sleep work, for bluetooth i have bought a BCM94352Z, works ok. never tried displayport , i also have same issue with spdif
For sleep, make sure you have power managment set up correctly, injected usb ports, and check if you changed _PTS/_WAK so that the USB does not cause "instant wake".

I try this UFI on my another laptop, evething is ok, I still use Apple ALC and fix sound by fix config on clover "Devices >Audio>inject= 7.5"
BTW.. how do I know discret gtx970m disabled ?. I still see red light on power button

I try this UFI on my another laptop, evething is ok, I still use Apple ALC and fix sound by fix config on clover "Devices >Audio>inject= 7.5"

Don't inject the layout-id in Devices->Audio->Inject if you're using AppleALC. Inject it as a boot argument, or preferably in Devices->Properties. Follow this guide if you need help.

BTW.. how do I know discret gtx970m disabled ?. I still see red light on power button
Does that light turn on every time you use the graphics card on windows? If so, then that means you did not disable the gtx970m in your DSDT/SSDT.

For sleep, make sure you have power managment set up correctly, injected usb ports, and check if you changed _PTS/_WAK so that the USB does not cause "instant wake".

hey man, power management is good im getting 40-50 cpu temp, the issue is that laptop goes to sleep but when i try to wake it up discrete gpu turns on(power button goes red) and all i see is black screen, after this point I have to hard reset laptop

hey man, power management is good im getting 40-50 cpu temp, the issue is that laptop goes to sleep but when i try to wake it up discrete gpu turns on(power button goes red) and all i see is black screen, after this point I have to hard reset laptop
Upload your debug files so I can see what you did.

Don't inject the layout-id in Devices->Audio->Inject if you're using AppleALC. Inject it as a boot argument, or preferably in Devices->Properties. Follow this guide if you need help.

Does that light turn on every time you use the graphics card on windows? If so, then that means you did not disable the gtx970m in your DSDT/SSDT.
no. in windowns 10, when i do something like play dota2. this light is red. in nomarl,this light is blue.
and in macos, it's allway red, i try fix DSDT and SSDT but have error and i can't fix this, too hard for me.
Can u help me fix DSDT and SSDT pls

Attachments

• origin.zip
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
Upload your debug files so I can see what you did.

here i have uploaded them, note: i disabled hs07 port because it was looping in mount-demount

Attachments

• debug_32210.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back