Contribute
Register

MSI B360 Gaming plus with Intel Core i5 8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update kexts - DONE
IntelGFX = 59128086 - DONE

now its booting normally, (no black screen) but still no graphics, no sound, nothing
  • Make sure BIOS DVMT- Preallocated is 64 Minimum ideally 128M
  • After making that change and booting into Clover Boot Manager screen , scroll down to Options.
  • Scroll down to Graphics Injector-> and make sure [√] InjectIntel, Fake ID:0x 59128086 and
  • *-platform-id=0x59120000 or 0x59120003
  • Return to CBM and boot System disk to Desktop.
  • Check for Graphics acceleration in AboutThisMac>Overview>Graphics
  • If OK, edit config.plist and change its Graphics SECTION with values used in CBM Options >GraphicsInjector screen
Edit:
Audio troubleshoot is a separate step

• Make sure BIOS DVMT- Preallocated is 64 Minimum ideally 128M
  • After making that change and booting into Clover Boot Manager screen , scroll down to Options.
  • Scroll down to Graphics Injector-> and make sure [√] InjectIntel, Fake ID:0x 59128086 and
  • *-platform-id=0x59120000 or 0x59120003
  • Return to CBM and boot System disk to Desktop.
  • Check for Graphics acceleration in AboutThisMac>Overview>Graphics
  • If OK, edit config.plist and change its Graphics SECTION with values used in CBM Options >GraphicsInjector screen
Edit:
Audio troubleshoot is a separate step

I dint find DVMT- Preallocated is 64 Minimum ideally 128M to my bios. Find only this "Initiate Graphic Adapter" have option PEG or IGD and maximum there is 64M (I don't know what is it) it must be PEG or IGD?. the solution you said, I try with IGD mode. with your options i have a black screen on boot, sometime restarts.

PEG is PCI External Graphics
IGD is Internal Graphics Device

Most people choose to add a PCI graphics card to solve this problem.

PEG is PCI External Graphics
IGD is Internal Graphics Device

Most people choose to add a PCI graphics card to solve this problem.

i dont have a External Graphics
i have ONLY INTERNAL

Many people have already reported problems with UHD 630 in this forum. Here’s my report from several weeks ago:

• This has been a real pain. I have tried using iGPU as the only graphics device (removing the RX580 completely), trying different Platform IDs, trying different graphics Device IDs, following every post-installation Graphics fix procedure I could find, using Intel FB-Patcher to change Framebuffer Connector Types and enabling/disabling various connectors, all to no avail.
  • The native graphics ID of the UHD in the 9th generation Coffee Lake is 3E98, which Mojave does not currently recognize. But if I specify 3E92 or 3E9B, which Mojave does recognize, then I simply get a black screen out of my HDMI port regardless of framebuffer settings.
  • However, this does not mean the computer is frozen or locked up. Because I've installed TeamViewer on this machine, I can remotely log in through my iPad or my MacPro 3,1 or my Windows PC. With remote TeamViewer, I can see and interact with the full Mojave GUI. Better yet, the Intel UHD630 is recognized and I get fully accelerated graphics! But when I select "About this Mac" --> "Displays" I see that the display is set to "Built-In Display" (LVDS?). This might explain why there's no output from an external video connector. I will tinker with this a bit more. I'll start by installing the debug versions of Lilu and Whatevergreen, then dumping the native graphics configuration table.
  • If I change the device ID to 3E98, the HDMI port works fine, but I get non-accelerated graphics using the default Apple framebuffer instead of the AppleIntelFramebuffer.
  • However, with the Radeon RX580 installed, the monitor connected to the RX580, and the iGPU device ID set to 3E92/3E9B, I get HDMI output from the RX580, but the iGPU does not appear in System Profile. IORegistryExplorer, however, does show the iGPU with the properly accelerated AppleIntelFramebuffer attached!
  • At this time, I suspect WhateverGreen is the culprit. According to the latest github check-ins, it seems a new version is due out shortly with support for the 3E98 device ID. So I will try again later.
  • Status: Not working. Does not appear in System Report. Will wait for new WhateverGreen.
  • Status: 11-28-2018: Even though UHD630 does not appear in System Report, if we use an external graphics card (RX580 in my case) then the iGPU is enabled and VideoProc confirms that it works. Screenshot uploaded. Just to be clear: there is still no video output from the external ports (HDMI in my case), but compute units on the UHD630 are working. This is considered normal for a "headless" configuration.
  • Status: Fully working in headless mode, but not in headed(?) mode. Quicklook and Preview work perfectly.
Have you looked at the User Builds and Golden Builds forums to see if someone with similar components got internal graphics to work?

I dint find DVMT- Preallocated is 64 Minimum ideally 128M to my bios. Find only this "Initiate Graphic Adapter" have option PEG or IGD and maximum there is 64M (I don't know what is it) it must be PEG or IGD?. the solution you said, I try with IGD mode. with your options i have a black screen on boot, sometime restarts.

Unfortunately, every MoBo manufacturer uses different Terminology for BIOS menu and it is hard for us to communicate with each other without a uniformly accepted lingo. The best way to combat this 'Tower Of Babel" scenario, in my opinion, is to use our camera to speak for us.

Uploading pictures of BIOS screens and verbose boot screens are the best way in a Forum where we cannot use live spoken words to correct and amplify what we really want to convey.

But all my attempts to encourage participants in this Forum usually fail for lack of interest.Even the need to have the major hardware SPECS to appear in all the threads have failed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back