Sapphire 7950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!
I've just installed Mountain Lion on my new hackintosh.
I've got the soundcard, ethernet and pretty much everything to work. However, my MSi ATi HD6570 won't work. I've tried with many different kext but none seems to work unfortunately.

Therefor I ask you guys for help! :)

Anyone with any suggestions?

Specs:
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
Intel Core i7-3770K
16 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
500GB Western Digital WD500AAKX - SATA 3
Sony,/NEC 7280S DVDRW Burner
MSI ATi HD6570 1GB GDDR3

If there is no possibility to get drivers, could you suggest a cheep card that would? :)

Best Regards
Fidde

I had no problems using the GB HD6570 (GV-R657OC-1GI) for my last build (except for having to swap it out during the ML install because of the bug for the 6000 series).

It would help if you detailed what isn't working: Do you have no image at all? Is it a graphicsenabler question? Is it QE/CI issue? Do you have only limited resolutions to choose from?

If you're using an Ivy Bridge i7 with HD 4000 why would you want a cheap discrete card? Any video card you bought for less than $60 would be pretty much equal in performance with the HD 4000.

I had no problems using the GB HD6570 (GV-R657OC-1GI) for my last build (except for having to swap it out during the ML install because of the bug for the 6000 series).

You took it out of the computer or removed the kext? I got to a white screen when booting from the usb key so I removed the kext and but it back but that did not help. I've also tried different kexts as I said :)

It would help if you detailed what isn't working: Do you have no image at all? Is it a graphicsenabler question? Is it QE/CI issue? Do you have only limited resolutions to choose from?

Yes, I've only got one resolution to choose from. Getting image from both HDMI and VGA (Mirrored) and it does not matter if I just use one of them. I have not tried DVI because I've got no DVI monitor.

If you're using an Ivy Bridge i7 with HD 4000 why would you want a cheap discrete card? Any video card you bought for less than $60 would be pretty much equal in performance with the HD 4000.

Would the HD4000 be enough for playing CSS (Probably going to dual boot windows to play other games) and watching youtube in 1080p, doing some editing and basic stuffs or would I want a higher performace card? (If I don't get my 6570 to work )

Thanks for the quick answer!

Best Regards
Fidde

There's a bug in 10.8 when installing with 6000 series cards and that's what's causing your white screen. I removed my HD6570 card while installing and put in a GT220 I had laying around (this was because my i3 doesn't have a compatible integrated graphics). After installing I swapped the 6570 back in and booted normally and it worked - although I didn't bother checking/ verifying all the advanced features.

Since you have HD4000 with your i7 just remove the video card and it should install fine. It's not a kext issue for installing. You can read more about the bug on the forum.

I don't know the exact benchmark figures between an i7 with HD4000 and an 6570, but I think at worst they're pretty close and the i7 is probably better. Look up the benchmarks before going and buying a new card.

Why would you want to game in OSX on a hackintosh when you're planning on dual booting with Win anyway? It just seems like an easily avoidable headache and games are usually more expensive and come out later than the Win version (case in point: Batman: AC just came out almost a year later).

VGA is a problem with Macs so I'd remove that monitor. Are you mirroring on purpose or is that what your video card is forcing on you?

As for not having a DVI monitor... you do realize DVI and HDMI are the same video signal and all you need is a $3 adapter to convert one cable into another?

Since you have HD4000 with your i7 just remove the video card and it should install fine. It's not a kext issue for installing. You can read more about the bug on the forum.

I don't know the exact benchmark figures between an i7 with HD4000 and an 6570, but I think at worst they're pretty close and the i7 is probably better. Look up the benchmarks before going and buying a new card.

I used VGA in all tests.

Removed the card, reinstalled, booted and I had 64 MB of video memory as of 3 MB before. In the bios it's set to only 64 MB, I guess thats why. (Only had one resolution.)

Anyways, I shutdown the computer installed the 6570 and booted. Got the apple logo than no image. Guess thats cause I used VGA. However had to leave for school so I will try more when I get home :) Including HDMI and perhaps DVI.

EDIT:
Came home, plugged in the USB memory (Got no boot loader yet), HDMI and plugged in another monitor with VGA. Booted the OS up and it worked! :)
The monitors are extended and at full resolution! Thanks man! :) Screen Shot 2012-10-15 at 2.52.56 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-10-15 at 2.52.56 PM (2).jpg

Regards Fidde

Downloaded STEAM and wanted to play some css :)
However the game wont start...
Searching a bit for "Steam games on hackintosh" @ Google It seems like I need a GraphicsEnabler to make the mac recognise the Graphics card fully.

Right now it says AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB-grafik.

Any fix for this? :)

Regards Fidde :)

Graphicsenabler is only to force cards to work. The goal is to not have to use it. As your graphics card is registering properly I don't think you should be using graphicsenabler, but read up on it in the forums: there may be a reason to do it.

My first thought would be to use the i7-HD4000 to verify if it is a graphics card related issue. If that doesn't work it's probably something else (since HD4000 works OOB). Hackintoshing and Steam seem to have issues and if you've been having this much trouble so far it doesn't bode well.

The other suggestion would be to use windows. Use an evaluation copy of 7 or preview copy of 8.

Downloaded STEAM and wanted to play some css :)
However the game wont start...
Searching a bit for "Steam games on hackintosh" @ Google It seems like I need a GraphicsEnabler to make the mac recognise the Graphics card fully.

Right now it says AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB-grafik.

Any fix for this? :)

Regards Fidde :)

Your card is using the default RadeonFramebuffer and needs to be using the proper Framebuffer in order for DVD Player, Steam, Geekbench, etc... to work properly.

See this thread for more info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-cards-framebuffer-personalities.html

You just have to test each to see which works best for you. I use Muskgrass with my HD6570, but only the HDMI port works and not the DVI port. This works fine for my setup since it's an HTPC, and Muskgrass also allows audio over HDMI. I don't use VGA, so am unsure about it. I also think Bulrushes works with the 6570.

Good Luck,

Dil83

P.S. You'll know the Framebuffer is working properly if About this Mac shows AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024 (instead of 6xxx), and if DVD Player no longer crashes. This should also fix your problem with Steam.

Your card is using the default RadeonFramebuffer and needs to be using the proper Framebuffer in order for DVD Player, Steam, Geekbench, etc... to work properly.

See this thread for more info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-cards-framebuffer-personalities.html

You just have to test each to see which works best for you. I use Muskgrass with my HD6570, but only the HDMI port works and not the DVI port. This works fine for my setup since it's an HTPC, and Muskgrass also allows audio over HDMI. I don't use VGA, so am unsure about it. I also think Bulrushes works with the 6570.

Good Luck,

Dil83

P.S. You'll know the Framebuffer is working properly if About this Mac shows AMD Radeon HD 6570 1024 (instead of 6xxx), and if DVD Player no longer crashes. This should also fix your problem with Steam.

Thanks guys YOU ARE THE BEST!
I used Muskgrass and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and then CouterStrike-Source worked! :D
Dvd player says that their is no DVD-player found... Don't care about that so no big deal. Using VLC for videos anyways :>
Now to the new problem :>
It's no problem really but how do I make my chameleon boot options to load thoose settings automatic? :) Where should I place my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and what info should there be in that file? :>

Thanks many many times guys :)

Best Regards
Fidde

Thanks guys YOU ARE THE BEST!
I used Muskgrass and GraphicsEnabler=Yes and then CouterStrike-Source worked! :D
Dvd player says that their is no DVD-player found... Don't care about that so no big deal. Using VLC for videos anyways :>
Now to the new problem :>
It's no problem really but how do I make my chameleon boot options to load thoose settings automatic? :) Where should I place my org.chameleon.Boot.plist and what info should there be in that file? :>

Thanks many many times guys :)

Best Regards
Fidde

You can just add this to your org.chameleon.boot.plist:

Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Muskgrass</string>

Also, see here for my fix for the DVD player issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/60793-eject-button-ml-2.html#post397207

Hope this helps,

Dil83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back