Contribute
Register

MOVED TO BUY ADVICE: Compatibility advice with ASUS PRIME Z390-P, Samsung SSD Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am planning on my first Hackintosh build. So far I want to use the following components:
  • i5-9600k
  • Asus Prime Z390-P
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 2x8GB
I would also use a Noctua fan, a propper case and probably a 550W power supply.

Because it is my first time building a Hackintosh and since I also want to have windows 10 installed I was planning on dualboot on two sepparate SSD Samsung disks. MacOs Mojave in a 500GB SSD drive and Windows 10 in a 125GB SSD.
I would aslo use 2 HDD, one for each opperative system.
Since all components must be compatible with the motherboard, I went to the support and compatibility list at the official site:

SSD_compatible_devices.png

Based on the previous image I am going to get the Samsung 960 Evo 500GB to install MacOs Mojave. In order to install Windows 10 I suppose I can use any other SSD Disk in this list. Can I use Samsung 960 Evo 250GB to install Windows 10 even though it doesn't appear here?

I have also seen that WIFI and Bluetooth do not usually work in Mojave so I have to buy a module. Do you know of one that is also compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• PRIME_Z390-P_DRAM_QVL_20191018.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 656
  • PRIME_Z390-P_Devices_report.pdf
    353.5 KB · Views: 112
You can use a 960 evo of any size, there are issues with a 970 evo plus but those are solved with a firmware upgrade. I would personally say that you need a minimum 750 watt PSU and your video card likely says 650.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back