Contribute
Register

Mouse and keyboard not recognized in the final stage of opencore installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arky,
The only copy of your EFI folder I have is from way back at your post #138. In your config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third item down, "boot-args" Value contains "nv_disable=1." If that is still there, you need to delete it and replace it with "nvda_drv_vrl=1" (no quotes).

Wstrohm, you are my new best friend! this was the solution!!
and finally I have a Hackintooooosh !!!:headbang:

Thank you all for the support received!

Whew, congratulations! And you are very welcome. Just for my curiosity, could you upload an image of your Heaven result? Also, if you go back to Unigine, they also have "Valley," and both Heaven and Valley benchmarks have other "Camera" modes besides "cinema." You are able to move through those environments by either walking or "flying," and I think both are beautiful.

2020-09-27 Valley 17G14033.jpg

Last edited:
sure i will for sure! I ran the benchmark but I didn't save the screenshot of the result ... tonight I'll do it again and post it!

Thank you again

Whew, congratulations! And you are very welcome. Just for my curiosity, could you upload an image of your Heaven result? Also, if you go back to Unigine, they also have "Valley," and both Heaven and Valley benchmarks have other "Camera" modes besides "cinema." You are able to move through those environments by either walking or "flying," and I think both are beautiful.

View attachment 556522

Schermata 2022-10-22 alle 14.28.55.png
Schermata 2022-10-22 alle 22.36.14.png

Last edited:
Maybe I celebrated too soon ... I was updating open core from Debug version to Release version ... on reboot, during the apple screen, halfway through loading the screen went black.

I restarted MacOSX via usb stick and I copied the backup EFI folder (I had saved it before editing it) in the EFI partition of the hackintosh but it doesn't work anymore.
The only way to make this work is to reset "nv_disable = 1." instead of "nvda_drv_vrl = 1" but obviously I have not Nvidia acceleration.

I tried everything ... I tried to uninstall the Nvidia driver and install it again ... I tried to copy the EFI folder of the USB stick into the EFI partition of the hackintosh and repeat the procedure again from scratch but nothing, it doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
In the config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third line item, what boot arguments are you still using? My "boot arguments" Value is blank for my Release version of OpenCore, except for "nv_drv_vrl=1." Maybe you have stuff there that conflicts with your change to the Release version of OC.

Last edited:
In the config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third line item, what boot arguments are you still using? My "boot arguments" Value is blank for my Release version of OpenCore, except for "nv_drv_vrl=1." Maybe you have stuff there that conflicts with your change to the Release version of OC.
It looks like it went fine ... I tried rebooting several times from the usb stick and repeating the post-install steps until it finally worked ... hopefully it will stay stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back