Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P9X79
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 980
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.
Before writing, I searched the entire web for a solution to the problem for days, but obviously without success.

The problem:
I followed the entire opencore installation procedure to install High Sierra and everything went fine until the OSX screen where the macOS Utilities window appears but at that point neither the mouse nor the keyboard work and I cannot continue.

Obviously I tried to connect the mouse to all available usb ports (usb2 and usb3) but none of them work.

On the web I found many solutions to repair the USB ports problem (with hackintool and opencore configurator) but only after entering MacOS but obviously being stopped at that point I cannot follow those procedures.

I hope you can help me.

in attachment my EFI (with no serial) and the screen of the point where I stand

My configuration

ASUS P9X79
intel i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz, 6 core, 12 processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Thank you

Attachments

• RecoverHD-5a6f94d7642dca0036e2105f.jpg
    RecoverHD-5a6f94d7642dca0036e2105f.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 65
  • EFI_no serial.zip
    12.1 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first post.
Before writing, I searched the entire web for a solution to the problem for days, but obviously without success.

The problem:
I followed the entire opencore installation procedure to install High Sierra and everything went fine until the OSX screen where the macOS Utilities window appears but at that point neither the mouse nor the keyboard work and I cannot continue.

Obviously I tried to connect the mouse to all available usb ports (usb2 and usb3) but none of them work.

On the web I found many solutions to repair the USB ports problem (with hackintool and opencore configurator) but only after entering MacOS but obviously being stopped at that point I cannot follow those procedures.

I hope you can help me.

in attachment my EFI (with no serial) and the screen of the point where I stand

My configuration

ASUS P9X79
intel i7-3930K @ 3.20GHz, 6 core, 12 processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Thank you
try enabling ReleaseUsbOwnership

Looking at your screengrab and the EFI I would guess we can't see the whole picture.

1) The Installer screen shows "Reinstall macOS" which indicates that there is something on the drive already.

2) The boot-commands you are using are not likely to get there if you have just created a new High Sierra installer.

So let us know more. This is clearly not a fresh install.

Moved to Desktop Support.

Looking at your screengrab and the EFI I would guess we can't see the whole picture.

1) The Installer screen shows "Reinstall macOS" which indicates that there is something on the drive already.

2) The boot-commands you are using are not likely to get there if you have just created a new High Sierra installer.

So let us know more. This is clearly not a fresh install.
Thank you for reply,
I apologize for the misunderstanding ... the image I posted is not of my PC screen but I took it from the web because at the moment I am not at home and I am not in front of the PC but I posted that image to make understand at what point I have arrived.

I suggest you run ocvalidate, there is a lot wrong with your config.plist.

Also, Lilu.kext should be the first kext listed in the config.plist.

the image I posted is not of my PC screen but I took it from the web

Do not post misleading information, it just wastes the time of potential helpers and might make them less inclined to assist further.

Last edited:
I suggest you run ocvalidate, there is a lot wrong with your config.plist.

Also, Lilu.kext should be the first kext listed in the config.plist.

Do not post misleading information, it just wastes the time of potential helpers and might make them less inclined to assist further.
You are right for the image and I apologize for this, but as I imagined the image I posted is the same as the one I actually see on my PC ... you can see the screenshot of my PC in attachment ... practically identical (except the language in Italian).

Anyway thanks, I'll try to follow the suggestions you gave me ... I'll let you know :)

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I used ocvalidate and got the result I attached.
I don't understand much about this result, but from what I see it would appear that there are 47 errors and I honestly don't understand how to fix them.
Do you say that it is appropriate to redo everything from the beginning?
Yet the installation would seem successful if it weren't for the mouse and keyboard problem ...

Attachments

• ocvalidate.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 56
I used ocvalidate and got the result I attached.
I don't understand much about this result, but from what I see it would appear that there are 47 errors and I honestly don't understand how to fix them.
Do you say that it is appropriate to redo everything from the beginning?
Yet the installation would seem successful if it weren't for the mouse and keyboard problem ...
probably best to re download fresh version:

makes sure to also rename sample.plist to config.plist and to use that

But it means I have to redo everything from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back