Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed RehabMan instructions and everything seems to work so far.

No "waiting for root device" here - I have previously used patched IOAHCIBlockStorage :) But on the other hand I've just googled some german guy complaining on "waiting for root device" problem with his MBP (as far as I understood he has SSD installed on his own).

I don't have external monitor right now so I can't check if VGA/HDMI works with 10.8.2 legacy AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.

Updated my ProBook 4530s (i7-2670QM) from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 using the combo update. After rolling back AppleHDA.kext and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, everything seems to be working just fine.

-bth

Rehabman,
Updated. No more AHCI problems. No need for IOAHCIFamily.kext
No more optical drive problems (losing optical drive). No need for AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext

by Rahabbman download and install the 10.8.3 two kext via kextwizard and rebooted , but the sound, bluetooth and the battery does not work. Can you help me? HP ProBook 4530s i5-2410M my computer

Ok, so from the ProBook Installer's point of view:

AppleHDA.kext - entirely new version, needs patching (for the audio to work).
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - entirely new version, needs patching (for the VGA output to work).
IO80211Family.kext -entirely new version (including the Atheros plugins), not sure if it needs patching anymore.
IOAHCIFamily.kext - entirely new version, may needs patching.

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext - not so important, will be replaced by the Rehabman's version on install as usual.

Anything else I've missed?

s it possible to add 6 hp probook installer. I do not understand exactly what it will do. thanks

Ok, so from the ProBook Installer's point of view:

AppleHDA.kext - entirely new version, needs patching (for the audio to work).
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - entirely new version, needs patching (for the VGA output to work).
IO80211Family.kext -entirely new version (including the Atheros plugins), not sure if it needs patching anymore.
IOAHCIFamily.kext - entirely new version, may needs patching.

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext - not so important, will be replaced by the Rehabman's version on install as usual.

Anything else I've missed?

hdmi output - works fine pre 10.83
usb3 - optional, since some probook dont have it. link to reference #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back