Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Slower Boot Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain lion loads a good bit quicker for me. I'm on an old sata 2 ssd and on lion I could watch the loading wheel at the apple logo about 5-6 rotations.

Mountain lion I don't even see the loading wheel, it's on the apple logo for a couple seconds at most.

@frrilay, thanks for your answers! Replacing those two kexts made my boot time back to what it was in Lion. Thanks!

I also have the slower boot problem , I thought it was just me !!! Can someone upload the Lion kexts for me or point me in the right direction to find them please .

Thanks in advance

I also have the slower boot problem , I thought it was just me !!! Can someone upload the Lion kexts for me or point me in the right direction to find them please .

Thanks in advance

You can find this files in: /System/Library/Extensions

Just copy AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily from Lion /System/Library/Extensions to Mountain Lion /System/Library/Extensions

If you replace your IOAHCIFamily and AppleAHCIPort kexts with ones from Lion it'll boot faster (at least that's the workaround I found, it also fixed a problem I had with my optical drive not being correctly recognized, especially in the built-in DVD player).

Thanks for this tip! It worked on both my SSD and my normal hard drive. Terrific. :clap:

can you attach the files that we need because i don't have a Lion at the moment.. thank you :)

You can actually get pretty decent boot times in ML, as shown here:

Speed Demon - YouTube

Quite impressive considering the fact that some of the hardware involved is more than 2 years old.

Very impressive, its your hack?
Intel 520 ssd its a game changer :)
And i guess it have minimal possible kext loading

My i7 950 with samsung 128 ssd make a nice 24.6 sec with lot of peripherics/kexts loading.

I can confirm it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back