Graphics
ATI Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After my upgrade to ML, I notice a longer boot time to go from Apple Logo to the Login screen. Went from 5 secs in Lion to 35 secs in ML.

What might cause this? I have rebuilt my kernelcache and repair disk permissions already and it still doesn't seem to go back to Lion's 5 secs boot up.

My hardware:
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD5 F6
4.2 Ghz Sandy Bridge i7
16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1024 MB

Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>0</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

What might of caused this? Do I need to remove some Kexts or something?

I am new to the Hackintosh scene. Thanks in advance!

I never had a 5 sec boot time in Lion.
Are you on SSD?

I think ML is a bit slower though... I think.

One thing I did in ML is checked my Console log for any errors, program incompatibilities, clues, etc.
By doing so, I uninstalled incompatible programs, reduced my startup login items, and got ML-compatible versions for some of my other programs.
That helped speed it up.

Yes, I have a OCZ-VERTEX3 90gb.

For Lion it wasn't exactly 5secs, but it was a snap of a finger fast to go from the Apple logo to Log in screen.

Probably not the programs on my drive because programs loads after you log into your account.

In my opinion, I would think it is some kext problem. Should I post a -v screenshot? How do I post one without using a camera? :p

I don't have an SSD. But my boot time is about 60 seconds (start time from Chimera) until the desktop shows and autologin programs running, and I could click on icons, etc.

mine has actually improved i think. Its faster on Snow Leopard but thats because my snow leopard drive is an SSD. Mountain lion takes like 10 seconds longer but from a 7200rpm hd. I think once all my apps are supported and i put ML on the SSD itll be lightning fast.

My boot time also doubled (From 12 seconds to almost 25 on SSD).
I booted with -v and noticed, that my ethernet adapter and my wifi card taking that much more time.
They are just waiting for something.

Here is my -v screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 682
If you replace your IOAHCIFamily and AppleAHCIPort kexts with ones from Lion it'll boot faster (at least that's the workaround I found, it also fixed a problem I had with my optical drive not being correctly recognized, especially in the built-in DVD player).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back