Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Slow Boot Up Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext and install with the one I attached here. Use Kext Utility to repair permission and rebuld kernel cache before reboot.

OH!! is working!! very thanks.!!!

But,only in first time boot fast....,when boot in second time ,still long time to boot!??! Why??

On my GA-H67A-USB3-B3 it works like charm! (Works also on GA-H67N-USB3)

I deleted all three kexts that was here in this post installed it with KextWizard and rebuild the Kernel Cache with:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Restartet the System and it works.

I have also shut down the system completele and bootet it back to OSX and it works like a charm

So for now everything works fine, system boots up in only 5 seconds (without POST) with my OCZ Agility 3 360GB and now my porblem with the eject key on the Alu Keyboard from Apple is also solved and now works and my DVD Drive is also shown as internal!

Many thanks from Austia! :)

(Excause me for my poor english)

oh I see now. The instructions said to reboot but that is wrong. You need to SHUT DOWN THEN BOOT BACK UP. Two different things there...

Working fine now.

On my GA-H67A-USB3-B3 it works like charm! (Works also on GA-H67N-USB3)

I deleted all three kexts that was here in this post installed it with KextWizard and rebuild the Kernel Cache with:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Restartet the System and it works.

I have also shut down the system completele and bootet it back to OSX and it works like a charm

So for now everything works fine, system boots up in only 5 seconds (without POST) with my OCZ Agility 3 360GB and now my porblem with the eject key on the Alu Keyboard from Apple is also solved and now works and my DVD Drive is also shown as internal!

Many thanks from Austia! :)

(Excause me for my poor english)

I did the same with all three kext and it works. dont even see the rotating circle any more. it 5sec to startup and shut down. GREAT. Thank Guys

Unrelated but do you have LAN and Sleep and stuff working, dispite the slow boot times?

I'm tempted to buy the Asrock Z77 Extreme4, but don't want it to be a major uphill battle against getting a compairable gigabyte board.

Could you upload your DSDT?

No sleep, No Wifi ( Intel...some claim that it is not supported but I have seen otherwise ), and playing any purchased movie from iTunes results in an "Acid Trip" picture. :S

Otherwise everything else works SO FAR.

LAN works fine though....

I would only recommend this Asrock board if you buy the TP wifi card with it. Then everything works natively except the slow boot which is around 40 second which is bareable.

For me, I had to move the ML drive from an Intel SATA controller to the built in Asmedia ones. So if the above fix doesn't work, move your Lion/Ml drive around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back