Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I updated from combo 10.8.3 all works fine or almost!
Have problem with the sound. My MB is EP45 DS4 and the sound driver is ALC885/889a.

I tried some applehda patched without success. Someone have an idea. I don't used dsdt.
I also have in system setting/ sound, in audio peripheric "LogMeInSoundDriver"!! I tried to remove this kext but the problem is still present.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi,
Have problem with the sound. My MB is EP45 DS4 and the sound driver is ALC885/889a.
MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC885.

MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Without DSDT/ALC885.

Tanks Toleda,

I tryed this way but without success. May be I need to re-install the 10.8.3 combo?

Thanks
Spalax2001

heya!

i might have screwed up already since i tried a couple of times...

i run i7 860, giagabyte p55 usb3 MB, gainward phantom 560ti 2gb and a samsung 840pro ssd...

i had a very hard time installing the whole thing from scratch, i went from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 and now finally to my 10.8.3.
surprisingly my gpu and screen were recognised right away, i have network and a fast booting system after i install multibeast... seems like everything is working fine execpt my 892 realtek audio. i removed the appleHDA, i installed both, with and without dsdt, i installed appleHDA for 892 from insanelymac with kextbeast... i always get the same result - no audio.
- have i already screwed up and do i have to reinstall 10.8.3?
- or do i still have a chance? ;) i would love to avoid a reinstall....

cheers!

Hello, the instructions say that SPDIFOut Encoded Digital Audio (Surround Sound) requires "DD/DTS source, DD/DTS player (Plex, XBMC, Boxee) and DD/DTS sound system." Does anyone know of a fully functions Logitech surround sound system that meets these requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back