Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyas Toleda. I finally got around to installing the ALC898 kext from Multibeast for my new mainboard (only took me 2 months). Everything works as it should (optical as well), except of course the green jacks. Perhaps the no audio on the Z77X-UD5H is due to the TI DRV632 line drivers used as the headphone amps for the green jacks? ;)

Everything works as it should (optical as well), except of course the green jacks. Perhaps the no audio on the Z77X-UD5H is due to the TI DRV632 line drivers used as the headphone amps for the green jacks?
Good to hear you audio is working. Your theory may be correct, not considered previously. Gigabyte has acknowledged a circuit problem (not enough power to start the green and grey amps) on v_1.0.; more info, GA-Z77X-UD5H audio green-port problem solved by welding 2 resistances.

So i've managed to get 10.8.3 fully running on my Zotac ID-11 and following your guides i'm getting onboard audio with the legacy ALC888 from multi beast. However i'm having difficulty getting my HDMI audio to show up, can someone please assist me with this i have attached my DSDT file. I've had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours trying to get this to work

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    20.1 KB · Views: 151
Really why is that so, it works perfectly in Ubuntu you would think it should be pretty easy to setup. If i install VoodooHDA 2.7.3 it shows up but i get a crackling noise if i play any sound.

Hello I just want find out if this is possible to fix my problem. I have asus maximus IV extreme, patched bios 3603 with realtek 889. I install alc889 without dsdt and I have sound assertion:

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549216521984, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0x300F0000, fPoweredDown: 0
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5097
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5098
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 4399

Want know if there is solution for 3k bioses or it is still not possible to fix this without downgrade to 2xxx bios???

Here is my ioreg file
View attachment Mac Pro (Siwek__).zip

Hello I just want find out if this is possible to fix my problem. I have asus maximus IV extreme, patched bios 3603 with realtek 889. I install alc889 without dsdt and I have sound assertion:
The installed AppleHDA.kext is not from MultiBeast, can't help. The IOReg shows the phantom codec problem indicating no onboard audio in OS X.

Hi toleda
I have x58 ud7 and gtx480 I install applehda alc 889 from MB.I need to get HDMI audio via gtx 480.Can you look my dsdt and ioreg thank you.
I try your idia like this
You didn't look in the right place, with the above layout-id is Audio ID is 889. As Post #1 of this thread notes, Audio IDs for Mountain Lion have changed. For ML, the Audio ID is now 1. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC889.

MultiBeast will install the ML AppleHDA.kext and edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Attachments

• 1.zip
    771.2 KB · Views: 100
ok finally hdmi dedect there but the selected device has no output controls ple help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 11.31.12 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 11.31.12 AM.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back