Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.8.3 IOAudioFamily.kext works as expected in 10.8.3.

Thank you for your quick answer.

Why are you so sure? In some threads people tell it helped them to replace the IOAudioFamily.kext with the old one (e.g. http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/92750-gigabyte-z77-ds3h-10-8-3-no-sound.html).

I already tried to delete the AppleHDA.kext and reinstalled it with Multibeast.

When I open "System Info > Audio" there are no devices displayed and the first Intel entry is empty and says: "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 889.".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 14.04.07.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 14.04.07.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 163
Why are you so sure?

When I open "System Info > Audio" there are no devices displayed and the first Intel entry is empty and says: "Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 889.".
As stated previously, 10.8.3 IOAudioFamily.kext works as expected in 10.8.3. Those users "fixed" something not broken. Often, fixing permissions first fixes audio.

Their "fix" does not solve your problem. You probably did not realize you described the exact problem in your reply. If you had invested your time to read Post #1 of this thread, you would have found this topic:
III. Audio Problem Solving and this setting 4. Audio ID Verification. Reply with what you find.

OK, so out of a sudden I have a wrong Audio Id, right?
Isn't Multibeast supposed to set the Audio Id to 1 when I run the ALC889 with DSDT option?
However, I will try to change the ID by myself. Thank you.

I changed my DSDT.aml with MaciASL and the hdef_audio_id_1.txt patch to layout id 1.
I saved and compiled the DSDT (with a warning: Unknown reserved name _WDG).
I reran Multibeast.
But after the restart IORegistryExplorer tells me that the layout id is still <79 03 00 00>.

What can I do?

You are fantastic!
I first did rename it to HDAEnabler889OLD. This caused my problems. One has to delete the kext.
Thank you.

I've had audio running (green plug on the MOBO) on Lion since my initial build last summer and it was working find when I clean installed ML a few weeks ago (after Multibeast, of course). Then a couple nights ago I'm listing to iTunes and start a SuperDuper job to run overnight. In the morning the computer wakes from sleep and I try to play iTunes, and it looks like it's playing, but there isn't sound. I check to volumes/connections and everything seems good. I plug the speakers into my phone and they work, so it's not the speakers. I rebooted, a few times and that didn't fix it. Sound preferences appear normal. I run Multibeast to install 889 w/DSDT, restart, no sound. I delete everything that includes HDA from S/L/E and run Multibeast again, nothing, repeat and try Multibeast to install 889 w/o DSDT, no sound. Try everything again making sure to repair preferences and clear caches, no change. Unfortunately I didn't take notes, but at various stages I've had no sound Output devices listed. Currently, the System Report and Sound preferences look right, but when I click play in iTunes or Spotify, the play icon changes like it should, but the playbar doesn't move at all.

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 f10
Intel Core I3-2105
Mountain Lion
GeForce GT 640 (installed a few days ago, but was working with sound until the other night)
AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1

Thanks in advance for looking at this

Attachments

• All Messages.log
    97.9 KB · Views: 120
  • DSDT.aml
    18 KB · Views: 121
  • sysinfo_audio.jpg
    sysinfo_audio.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 167
  • sysinfo_graphics.jpg
    sysinfo_graphics.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Steve’s Mac Pro.zip
    442 KB · Views: 84
I try to play iTunes, and it looks like it's playing, but there isn't sound.
Don't know what is wrong. Try the black port/2nd Line Out. Power down the system, hold the power button in for 30 seconds, repower and boot. Otherwise do a clean install on an empty partition, install and verify audio.

Ok. Thanks for looking. I unplugged for a half hour and now the progress bar in iTunes is moving, but still no sound. No Output devices are available either. I'm going to try a fresh install on a a drive I bought as a backup. I'll post the results.

Steve

I did a clean installation on another drive, ran Multibeast with DSDT and restarted used Mutlibeast to select 889 w/DSDT, restarted and nothing. Preferences indicate no output device, and of course there is no audio.

Next thing I can think of is to install Ubuntu and see if that will play audio, if nothing more than to convince me that it's a hardware problem.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back