Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no luck. I tried the kext from the thread, but it's for v100301, and I have v100201, so it didn't work.
My mistake, fixed. Try attached.

Attachments

• Interim_Ivy_Bridge_Lion_AppleHDA_v1.1.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
Hi everyone,
i just completed my first customac and everything worked out really well except for the audio. I tried reinstalling ALC892 a couple of times but nothing worked. In one of the settings on Multibeast the mac actually could not detect any audio output. (it was scary. D:) It is detecting a audio out but no audio is played. I have the HD Audio plugged into my mother board. Here are the detailed specifications of my build:

Gigabyte H77N-WIFI
Intel Core i5-3570k
Mountain Lion 10.8.2
Gigabyte GT 640 2GB

I used Unibeast for the installation and Multibeast for post installation. (basically the default guide from:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)

I have no idea what is AppleHDS.kext. I'm sorry. :(

Not very sure what is dsdt.aml either.

attached are the files requested (IOReg, kernel sound assertion and the screenshots)

Regards,
Eplus.

Attachments:

http://eplusie.com/temp/Bit_IOReg.ioreg

Screen Shot 2013-03-13 at 1.26.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-13 at 1.26.35 AM.png

Attachments

• Bit_KernalSoundAssertions.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 100
Hi everyone,
i just completed my first customac and everything worked out really well except for the audio.
What is plugged into what, what is playing on what player and what audio device is selected?

What BIOS version is installed and what is the latest version?

I'm on version 0414, the latest is 0416. The 0416 changelog only states new CPU support, do you think a BIOS update could help?

#Edit 1
I've updated my bios to no avail. I've added an IOReg for the Interim kext, and one for the latest Multibeast kext. Both gave the same result, audio devices, no sound. I've also installed a new bootloader, no result as well.

Attachments

• Interim.zip
    299.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Multibeast.zip
    315.1 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back