Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a copy of the ioreg and dsdt after fresh install, running multibeast with dsdt ALC892. The speakers were connected to the green port at the back and itunes was running.

i did not get any options for headphones when they were plugged in the front.
View attachment 47143View attachment 47142
Front panel is not connected properly, only HD audio is supported. IOReg says audio is working. Try:
1. Power down, remove power cable, hold down power button for 30 seconds. Power back up and verify audio.
2. Use Windows or Linux to verify audio.

No other suggestions.

My audio is not working which may be ALC 887.

Attachments

• io Reg.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 85
hi again, i did as you said, changed to the newest kext applied the patch but nothing. i did two tests but when waking up from sleep it still remains stuck in headphones mode.

hi again, i did as you said, changed to the newest kext applied the patch but nothing. i did two tests but when waking up from sleep it still remains stuck in headphones mode.
Not helpful. Where is the IOReg???

Front panel is not connected properly, only HD audio is supported. IOReg says audio is working. Try:
1. Power down, remove power cable, hold down power button for 30 seconds. Power back up and verify audio.
2. Use Windows or Linux to verify audio.

No other suggestions.

I used an ubuntu live usb to test out my audio and it seems like i need a replacement motherboard. The sound does not work on this thing!!

Thanks a bunch Toleda!

For anyone stuck for sound on the Asus P5Q-EM --- I have solved my problem!

I went back to Snow Leopard, upgraded.... did this that and the other, wasted loads of time....... then discovered the audio driver that I used when I very first set up the computer. I tried it, it worked. Every time MacOs updates it loses sound and I need to plug the kext in again, but it works fine. I've attached it to this message for anyone who is having problems.

I hope this helps someone. I'm now on 10.8.2 and all is good except my CPU fan is whirring away like crazy and driving me crazy with it :p

I don't know where it comes from or what causes it. It happens on certain older systems and most Asus P67/H67 with the 3K BIOS. Try the early MultiBeast versions from the download archives.

A clean install of SL makes sense. If that works, try Lion and then ML.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back