Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
attached a copy of IOReg and my dsdt.aml
There are three codecs in IOReg: 1. ALC888, 2. Nvidia HDMI audio and 3. LSI. IOReg shows the 888 is working and should show in Preferences. However, it appears the LSI is interfering with the 888. No idea how to fix it.

GAz77ud4h
i5 3570k
gtx 650

I have HDMI audio and it works wonderfully but i need to hook up a mic to chat and for games. When I hook up a mic it does not work. im trying to upload my IOreg but it doesnt upload or open. I have a little USB sound card and it recognizes it but I dont get input volume. I have 10.8.4 and installed realtec alc892

Hi - I need help... tried all possible methods but still have no audio on ALC898.

Below is my configuration:

GIGABYTE, GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB (it has ALC989 onboard audio)
INTEL i7-3770K
EVGA, GeForce® GTX 680 1006MHz, 2G
CORSAIR, 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance
OCZ, 256GB Vertex 4 SS
SEAGATE, 1TB Barracuda
SONY, AD-7280S Black 24x DVD±R/RW

I am able to successfully install ML. Then installed Realtek/without DSDT/ALC898 with Multibeast 5.3.1.

Everything works fine except audio. If I open System Preferences/Sound under output it shows the devices (e.g. line-out, etc.). However no sounds comes out of the speaker. Tested cabling/speakers on the other Windows 7 partition I have on the same PC and all works fine.

Can you point me in the right direction please? Tried all possible methods, including VoodooHDA, KextBeast, all from clean installs but still no sound.

Do I need to extract and modify the DSDT for my onboard audio to work?

Help please, and thanks a lot!

bpep

Hi - I need help... tried all possible methods but still have no audio on ALC898.
Start with Post #1 of this thread, III. Audio Problem Solving. If you can't fix audio, see Part IV. Problem Reporting.

Thanks. I tried all items in section III. Still no luck.

The only thing I can see different than what should be, based on the instructions, is the PIN Configuration. But I do not know how to fix it.

Here are all problem reporting data:

Motherboard/processor/OS and version/graphics

GIGABYTE, GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB (it has ALC989 onboard audio)
INTEL i7-3770K
EVGA, GeForce® GTX 680 1006MHz, 2G
CORSAIR, 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance
OCZ, 256GB Vertex 4 SS
SEAGATE, 1TB Barracuda
SONY, AD-7280S Black 24x DVD±R/RW

Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version
Multibeast v5.3.1/installed without DSDT/ALC898. AppleHDA.kext v2.3.7

Copy of IOReg - see attached
Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions selected/Save Selection As….. - see attached
Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) - see attached
Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Graphics/Displays - see attached

Please please help me resolve this... I have the perfect Hackintosh setup except sound, which should be a no brainer on this MB!

THANKS A LOT!

bpep

Attachments

• Diagnostic Files.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 92
Thanks. I tried all items in section III. Still no luck.
If your motherboard is Rev. 1.0, green port does not work in OS X; use black port.
Otherwise, audio is enabled and working. See II. Audio/Sound Verification in Post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back