Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Mulibeast Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
UserDSDT or DSDT-Free instals it automatically doesn't it? I've looked in system library extensions and it's there.

I'm going to try manually selecting it during Multibeast install to see if that works.

I have tried copying the Unibeast Boot and Extra folder to my 1gb boot partition. The system boots this way. But this isn't ideal. Can anyone offer other suggestions of what to try?

Thanks

Try booting with -X -V If you boot in use iMac 12.2 as the system profile.

Take out the video card and try to get the installation done on onboard graphics HD4000.

Check the BIOS settings and make sure you set the video to onboard and HPET - 64.

Thank you for your all your help.

I have solved the problem. Well there were two separate problems.

1. The latest Multibeast includes the latest Chimera which is intern based on the latest release of the Cameleon boot loader. The latest releases of both boot loaders do not support EFI partition booting or installing the bootloader to any other partition except the OSX root partition. The reason i received the SMC error is because the file system that the latest boot loaders install is different. The kexts are placed in /System/Library/Extensions not in Extra/Extensions as has been the case with all other revisions of the Cameleon base code. Therefor fakeSMC.kext or any other kext for that matter was not be loaded at boot.

The reason Unibeast works is it is based on the old version of Cameleon that supports EFI and alternative partition booting, this is reflected in the boot directory as stated above.

The only way i found this out is by finding out Chimera is based on Cameleon, visiting the Cameleon home page and reading the support documents. This info should be in the Multibeast release notes!

Second problem.

2. OSX does not boot from UEFI drives. Set your Bios boot order to Legacy i.e P0 Samasung 830. This is why my first attempt to instal Mulitbeast directly to OSX partition resulted in a failed boot.

So for anyone out there who experiences similar problems.

a) Make sure your bios boot order is set to boot for legacy i.e P0 not UEFI (OSX won't boot)

b) If you are installing Multibeast, Chimera, or any other Cameleon based boot loader the latest versions do not support EFI partition booting or any other partition booting. Only supports Installation directly to OSX.

Thank you for your all your help.

I have solved the problem. Well there were two separate problems.

1. The latest Multibeast includes the latest Chimera which is intern based on the latest release of the Cameleon boot loader. The latest releases of both boot loaders do not support EFI partition booting or installing the bootloader to any other partition except the OSX root partition. The reason i received the SMC error is because the file system that the latest boot loaders install is different. The kexts are placed in /System/Library/Extensions not in Extra/Extensions as has been the case with all other revisions of the Cameleon base code. Therefor fakeSMC.kext or any other kext for that matter was not be loaded at boot.

The reason Unibeast works is it is based on the old version of Cameleon that supports EFI and alternative partition booting, this is reflected in the boot directory as stated above.

The only way i found this out is by finding out Chimera is based on Cameleon, visiting the Cameleon home page and reading the support documents. This info should be in the Multibeast release notes!

Second problem.

2. OSX does not boot from UEFI drives. Set your Bios boot order to Legacy i.e P0 Samasung 830. This is why my first attempt to instal Mulitbeast directly to OSX partition resulted in a failed boot.

So for anyone out there who experiences similar problems.

a) Make sure your bios boot order is set to boot for legacy i.e P0 not UEFI (OSX won't boot)

b) If you are installing Multibeast, Chimera, or any other Cameleon based boot loader the latest versions do not support EFI partition booting or any other partition booting. Only supports Installation directly to OSX.

So what exactly did you do to remedy the situation... I am having similar problems... i have Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R motherboard... ...I installed ML 10.8.2 and it will only boot up if I use a USB unibeast stick... I tried installing multibeasT to the same partition as OSX but it won't boot... it does the countdown like it should (looking like it will boot... ) but then instead of booting ... it refreshes and shows all my partitions and just sits there... if I hit enter over the OSX patrition it just flashes once and doesn't boot... Bios set to AHCI... pretty much like it used to be with snow leopard... any help?...

YEAH no doubt.....what was the fix....????

I got mine to work.....This is how....

I selected very few things on multi beast and i think this made the difference.

even thou i have a Gigabyte UEFI mobo i selected easy beast
IOAHCIblockstorageinjector
3rd party sata
fakesmc plugins
appleintel 1000 - Network controller....

as always you have different hardware and may have different selections but those are what I used.

after os install you boot from usb and then select the HD that you just installed.......

You need the same boot flags......to get back in....that you used to install.

after that you can go in and keep adding multibeast selections based on what bootflags you used.......till it's 100% bootable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back