Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics
GeForce 9800 GT
Hi,

I need some help.

I followed this guide to configure the bios. http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

I have installed ML using Unibeast, i had to boot with PCIRootUID=0 to install.

Mountain Lion Boots up and i installed Multibeast.

Following other users Mulitbeast setups i have selected

User DSDT
I'm not using the onboard audio, i turned it off in the bios
hnak's AppleintelE1000Ethernet
malj's AtherosL1CEthernet
Left the graphics enabler un-ticked for 9800GT

I get spinney grey boot screen.

Please can anyone help, i'm really stuck!

Thanks!

System
i7 Intel Core i7-3770K
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
Geforce 9800GT

I get spinney grey boot screen.
Boot the Mountain Lion drive. When you get to the screen with the red apple at the top, press a key on the keyboard to stop booting. Type -v and press <Enter>

When the text stops scrolling, take a picture and post it.

Ok, Here is what happens with -v boot.

Attachments

• 20121102_235411.jpg
    20121102_235411.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
It looks like you have done everything right, but in my opinion, you need to reinstall. At the top of the picture just barely visible, it has a problem loading the Nvidia driver GeForce.kext. At the bottom, it says "Waiting for DSMOS" but that is usually followed by "DSMOS has arrived". Well, DSMOS didn't show up. If DSMOS had arrived, I would say it was purely a video problem and you would need to try to boot with -v PCIRootUID=0, But because of the error on GeForce.kext, I think some things are screwed up enough that a reinstall is necessary.

Thanks for your help so far!

Booted with -v PCIRootUID=0

Now slightly different screen shot.

FYI ML will boot just fine with Unibeast.

Still think it needs a fresh install? Fresh install of ML or Mulitbeat?

Attachments

• 20121103_004116.jpg
    20121103_004116.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
Still waiting for DSMOS which hasn't arrived. I can't see the GeForce error but it looks like it scrolled off the top of the screen. And in both pictures, a replay from journal which means it is trying to repair a defect in the file system.

Try -v PCIRootUID=1 which is what Unibeast does.

You can't really "reinstall" Multibeast. Once you install it, you would have to take the drivers one by one and remove them from the system in order to return it to original state and there is one kext which gets modified that you would have to replace with a virgin one to retract the fix.

Geforce error seems to have only happened that once. i haven't been able to get it to repeat it.

-v PCIRootUID=1 had the same resluts.

I have tried a fresh install with installing Multibeast to ML, same results.

I currently have a 1gb boot partition that i have installed Mulibeast onto so i can keep my ML Vanilla, i have been doing this for years with chameleon. I have tried several fresh installs of Multibeast. I.E formatting the 'boot' partition and then re installing multibeast to no avail.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPLugin: :registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver is the last error every time?

I'm trying to think of things that Unibeast does that allows you to boot, when booting directly to your OSX drive does not.

One was the -v PCIRootUID=1

Another is that it uses an older version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. As you noted, you have an ACPI error as the last line. It is worth a shot.

Boot using your Unibeast drive and run Multibeast. Select:

Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System ->
AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

This gives you the same
AppleACPIPlatform.kext as what Unibeast uses. Also boot with -v PCIRootUID=1

I have just tried this Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback -v PCIRootUID=1

Didn't work. Exactly the same verbose screen as my last picture.

Thanks, any other ideas?

Anyone with a GA-Z77X-UD5H board have the same issue? My Bios is F14

Did you install FakeSMC.kext from MultiBeast? You need to in order to boot from the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back