Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Toleda
I'm trying to get HDMI audio with a video card GTX550ti
with a motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H the audio codec
is a Via VT2021 already corrected the AppleHDA of ML and is working for me ..
HDMI but no sound could help me?
Which of the patches apply dsdt?

hi Toleda
I'm trying to get HDMI audio with a video card GTX550ti
with a motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H the audio codec
is a Via VT2021 already corrected the AppleHDA of ML and is working for me ..
HDMI but no sound could help me?
Which of the patches apply dsdt?
Use the HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Will ML_5-Series_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit work for 6 series boards or do I have to edit the patch before I apply it?
Also, do I have to worry about warnings or remarks when I compile my DSDT before patching?

Will ML_5-Series_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit work for 6 series boards or do I have to edit the patch before I apply it?
Also, do I have to worry about warnings or remarks when I compile my DSDT before patching?
The HD3000...kit is for 6 series motherboards; do not use the 5 series...kit on a 6 series board. Yes, the dsdt needs to compile before it is patched, otherwise, it will never compile.

The HD3000...kit is for 6 series motherboards; do not use the 5 series...kit on a 6 series board. Yes, the dsdt needs to compile before it is patched, otherwise, it will never compile.
Using the HD3000 patch worked for me. I didn't realize that the HD3000 patch included patches for discrete graphics cards as well. I glanced at the file name and assumed HD3000 only.

The 'Warning' and 'Remark' type errors I have in DSDT Editor were already present when I downloaded my DSDT from the database. It looks as though they do not stop the DSDT from compiling.

Thank you for the patch!

hi Toleda
What are the cards that support HDMI?
for example: NVDIA GT610, Gt430, support?
In 10.8.2 all NVidia 4xx, 5xx and 6xx support ML HDMI audio. There a few problem cards such as the GTS 450, GTX 560 ti (fix available) and GT 610 (rebranded 520, unknown problem).

Thanks Toleda for all the help you've given to the community over the years. I have a question to ask before I undertake the tedious operation of enabling my HDMI audio. I built my first system using components off an older Customac post...my H67M system. I've been through a few video cards starting out...upgrading to Lion then to ML etc. My system is working great...Airplay working great. I have rebuilt the system in a slim case for use as an HTPC and I dual boot Win 7. The HDMI output for display works fine. Before I tackle getting HDMI audio to work, I was wondering if having a i3-2100 with HD2000 graphics will work. I know the graphics are not supported by OS X (the reason for the video card easter egging).

I just want to know if it's worth tackling or do I HAVE to get HD3000 (i3-2105 etc.)

Thanks.

GA-H67M-D2-B3 F7 1.1/i3-2100/XFX AMD Radeon 6670

Hi Toleda
I'm leaving you my files to examine
is possible to get HDMI audio?

Attachments

• mirone Arquivos.zip
    389.3 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back