Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the Lion AppleHDA.kext installed with ML layout-id; result, no audio. Two solutions, pick one:
1. Leave S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x1f, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00.
2. Leave dsdt as is and install download #2 (887) from ML: Optimized Realtek AppleHDA - Preview/Alpha.
Reply with IOReg.

I am not doing very well at this so far! lol.
I went for option 2.
Here is the latest IOReg (with HDAEnabler1.kext and AppleHDA.kext from the download)

Attachments

• NatDeamer.zip
    402.1 KB · Views: 83
I am not doing very well at this so far! lol.
You are making this as hard as possible. What did we say about enablers? When you install a dsdt, you cannot use any audio enabler. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with IOReg.

this post may get flamed, forgive me. What if my MB (gigabyte up5th) does not have a dsdt?

You are making this as hard as possible. What did we say about enablers? When you install a dsdt, you cannot use any audio enabler. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with IOReg.

Sorry. I assumed because it was in the download I needed it and forgot what you said earlier. Stupid me!
IOReg is attached - but it might not be needed as I now have HDMI in my Sound preferences and it seems to be working...

BUT my setup seems different from my old lion build. On my old build (different hardware) when I played sound via HDMI my amp reported it as 2 channel. And when I played a file with DD or DTS my amp would report it as DD or DTS.
But at the moment my amp is showing 'LFE' and all 7 channels (I only have 5.1).
Any ideas?

Attachments

• NatDeamer.zip
    429.8 KB · Views: 106
Sorry. I assumed because it was in the download I needed it and forgot what you said earlier. Stupid me!
IOReg is attached - but it might not be needed as I now have HDMI in my Sound preferences and it seems to be working...

BUT my setup seems different from my old lion build. On my old build (different hardware) when I played sound via HDMI my amp reported it as 2 channel. And when I played a file with DD or DTS my amp would report it as DD or DTS.
But at the moment my amp is showing 'LFE' and all 7 channels (I only have 5.1).
Any ideas?
Not enough information; many users would be pleased to see 7.1 on their receivers. What is the source? What audio track is selected? What player are you using? How is the receiver configured?

Not enough information; many users would be pleased to see 7.1 on their receivers. What is the source? What audio track is selected? What player are you using? How is the receiver configured?

After changing some settings in 'Audio Midi Setup' I got the desired effect on my amp.

I would like to say thank you very much for helping me the last few days! Got there in the end! :)

I have a Foxconn H67s with 888s audio.
I use a G530 Celeron. CPU shows up as I7. Galaxy GT430 video card.
Bios was upgraded to most recent for Ivy. (previously needed to make sound work)
MB did not work for HDMI audio.
I have been through this thread and ML audio thread several times.
I used the AMI edit kit.
First I applied HDA edit kit to make 0 goto 1
Second I deleted PEGP device by hand from DSDT. ( this was in the AMI patch instructions but could see no code for it in patch)
Third I applied patches.
Fourth applied compile fixes.
This left two errors. PEG0.PEGP cut to PEG0 in two instances.
(I saw this in a thread for audio but could not find it again)
This still left warning for path not reachable and not all branches return value.
Restarted.
ID= 1 in About this Mac.
HDA Audio is there with jacks listed.

I did whole procedure several times. Plugins for HDA 2.3 do not load consistently.
Mikey loaded once. Config controller several times. HAL plugin never showed.
The rest are there.

Should I look for something in logs.

Enclosed are native ioreg, dsdt.aml , code removed and err snapshots.

It says no enablers. Does that include GraphicsEnabler ? tried with No got a black screen.
An EVGA GT 640 requires no enabler would that be a better choice? ( to avoid enabler)
Would going to a 3225 help ? Sorry for going to hw questions just trying to get most compatible setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back