Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry Toleda.
I did not hit the upload button,I just chose files.
I had to zip dsdt.aml as forum said too big.
The dsdt source had to be zipped as it was the wrong type. (txt file).

Thanks for taking the time to reply !!

Attachments

• code to remove.tiff
    276.4 KB · Views: 133
  • err 1.tiff
    335.7 KB · Views: 141
  • err2.tiff
    290.9 KB · Views: 133
  • paths.tiff
    320.6 KB · Views: 133
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 87
  • dsl source.zip
    26.3 KB · Views: 83
Toleda I left out the ioreg.
Here it is.

Attachments

• native.zip
    309.8 KB · Views: 69
I have a Foxconn H67s with 888s audio.
I use a G530 Celeron. CPU shows up as I7. Galaxy GT430 video card.
Bios was upgraded to most recent for Ivy. (previously needed to make sound work)
MB did not work for HDMI audio.
I have been through this thread and ML audio thread several times.
I used the AMI edit kit.
First I applied HDA edit kit to make 0 goto 1
Second I deleted PEGP device by hand from DSDT. ( this was in the AMI patch instructions but could see no code for it in patch)
Third I applied patches.
Fourth applied compile fixes.
This left two errors. PEG0.PEGP cut to PEG0 in two instances.
(I saw this in a thread for audio but could not find it again)
This still left warning for path not reachable and not all branches return value.

It says no enablers. Does that include GraphicsEnabler ? tried with No got a black screen.
An EVGA GT 640 requires no enabler would that be a better choice? ( to avoid enabler)
Would going to a 3225 help ? Sorry for going to hw questions just trying to get most compatible setup
No need to edit dsdt manually. The patch file takes care of everything. The guide discusses edits to the patch file not the dsdt. The HDMI audio patch file does the HDEF edit, no need to do the HDEF patch. Suggest starting over with the extracted dsdt. Use the HD3000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. Do not make any changes to the dsdt or the patch files. Apply the clean_compile and hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd3000 patches. Reply with the extracted dsdt and the patched dsdt.

It says no audio enablers. You can use GE=N or GE=Y for the GT 640. The processor does not matter for Nvidia HDMI audio. IOReg shows no dsdt was installed.

You are great Toleda !!
That did it.
You have helped out on this board before (Foxconn H67s).
I used things you passed to Khan back in the Lion days.

I was using series 5 patch. (it does not have delete code,probably not needed there)
The ioreg was native. (before patch)

Compile gives two warnings.
1. path does not return (obviously not the path taken)
a. brackets balance and code return is similar to surrounding code that returns
2. buffer zero length (superseded somewhere )

I have two hdmi outputs in About this Mac. One must be for card and one for the board. System prefs shows just the TV hooked to card.
All works fine.
Thanks again for clarifying on hardware lack of impact on HDMI audio. This will be helpful for future upgrades.

I learned a lot thanks to your thread.

Thanks for the guide, Hdmi audio is working fine here B75M-D3H + 3570K

Hi Toleda,

Thanks to your guide, I had HDMI audio (GTX 560 Ti) working on Lion with the AppleHDA kext and DSDT edits. I upgraded to ML 10.8.2, kept the same DSDT I had, and installed the patched 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext for ALC889 from Multibeast 5.1.1. I also changed layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 under HDEF in the DSDT.

But I'm not seeing the HDMI output in the audio settings anymore. Is there something I'm missing? I've attached a copy of my IOReg and my current DSDT. Really appreciate any help you can spare for me. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    18.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IOReg.zip
    509.8 KB · Views: 60
hello Toleda for hours trying to put the HDMI audio from my NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 and possibly the HD4000 HDMI audio processor ivybridge my i7 3770 Gigabyte Z77X-UDP5 TH, UEFI bios

Finally, it is mainly for the video card NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 that is the most important

and I can 't this is full of error compiling dsdt and it does not work
if you have the time for me to do
thank you very much

Attachments

• ioreg Z77X-UDP5 TH.zip
    717.3 KB · Views: 373
  • dsdt- Z77X-UDP5 TH.aml.zip
    14.9 KB · Views: 98
You need to apply the compile patch error file.
It should be in your download for your board.
I took a quick glance.
Patch addresses those errors and warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back