Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda,

I'm back again, having given up trying to get HDMI audio working the GT 210, and instead trying with the integrated HD4000 chipset.

So the good news is I got HDMI audio working (yay!). I installed the 10.8.2 update, then ran your DSDT patch file, and the HDMI output finally showed up and worked.

My issue now is I don't have any other audio outputs. Ideally I'd like to have analog and SPDIF working, but I'd settle for analog. Can you glean anything from the attached DSDT.aml (currently being used) and IOREG extract?

Thanks,

f.

Attachments

• IOREG_DSDT.zip
    381.2 KB · Views: 98
Ok... :problem: I've done something wrong and I'm not sure what. I have no audio outputs. Here's my IOReg and edited DSDT.
The attached dsdt has no audio edits. The result is no audio. Make the edits as described in the guide. Attached an edited dsdt and new IOReg.

My issue now is I don't have any other audio outputs. Ideally I'd like to have analog and SPDIF working, but I'd settle for analog. Can you glean anything from the attached DSDT.aml (currently being used) and IOREG extract?
Wrong layout-id. You are using the Lion layout-id which does not work in ML. Reply with correct ML layout-id.

The attached dsdt has no audio edits. The result is no audio. Make the edits as described in the guide. Attached an edited dsdt and new IOReg.

Hmm... that is strange. I check for them before installing. Oh well, I'll just start fresh. Better for me to keep track of. I'll update soon. Thanks!

OK, well it worked for HDMI, but like the person before me I have only HDMI. I edited the layout-id as specified in the guide to 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00. Here's my edits.

Attachments

• After edit.zip
    499 KB · Views: 115
OK, well it worked for HDMI, but like the person before me I have only HDMI. I edited the layout-id as specified in the guide to 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x00. Here's my edits.
What color and version is S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (Finder/File/Get Info)?

I thought the correct ML layout ID was 1, as I have 6 port on my onboard audio -- is that what you're asking? Confused again....

f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back