Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda Hi I have a Geforce 8400gs is possible to get HDMI audio with it?
device and VendorID: 0be310de
No, must have an HDMI audio codec. Check if your motherboard and 8400GS both have SPDIF (2 wire). If yes, you can send motherboard audio to the graphics card for "HDMI" audio.

Toleda,

First of all thanks for all the work you've done for the community.

I went through this whole tutorial for LION and got HDMI working on my intel board with a Radeon 5850.

So I currently have a working LION system with HDMI, a properly edited DSDT etc... I want to upgrade to ML. Can I just use my existing DSDT and follow Tonymac's Lion install procedure or will it be much more involved than that?

I have a question. Does HDMI also work if using a external Audio Interface? i never used onboard Audio?

thanks

I have a question. Does HDMI also work if using a external Audio Interface? i never used onboard Audio?
I don't know. Only way to know for your system is to try it. Make the HDMI audio dsdt edits, verify the native AppleHDA.kext is installed and restart.

So I currently have a working LION system with HDMI, a properly edited DSDT etc... I want to upgrade to ML. Can I just use my existing DSDT and follow Tonymac's Lion install procedure or will it be much more involved than that?
The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same for Lion and ML when you use the an edited AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast. When you move to the ML AppleHDA.kext, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

The HDMI audio dsdt edits are the same for Lion and ML when you use the an edited AppleHDA.kext from Multibeast. When you move to the ML AppleHDA.kext, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

Okay. What if I chicken out and just want to update Lion from 10.7.3 to 10.7.5. Do I need to do anything with the dsdt or AppleHDA?

Okay. What if I chicken out and just want to update Lion from 10.7.3 to 10.7.5. Do I need to do anything with the dsdt or AppleHDA?
No change to dsdt. Make a backup of your current S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext, install the 10.7.5 ComboUpdate and restart. Copy the backup AppleHDA.kext to the Desktop and run KextBeast to install. Restart and verify audio.

I have extracted dsdt using (DSDT Editor), applied the clean compile patch, then applied hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000 patch (without edits, as I am using audio ID:1). When I compile and Fix Errors 4 errors remain, as below:

7095 Error Object not found or not accessible from scope (_SB.PCIO.PEGP)
7095 Error Forward references from Scope operator not allowed (_SB.PCIO.PEGP)
9126 Error Internal compiler error (could not map type)
9126 Error Invalid type ([Reference] found, Notify operator requires [Device|Processor|Thermal])

Do I need to apply a patch to the extracted dsdt for 892 audio before compiling (if so where can I find it)? Then, when I can compile without errors, as the final step in checking the instal, am I right in just deleting GraphicsEnabler Yes? I had no dsdt when I started, so assume no other dsdt property injection exists.

At this stage I am using integrated graphics only, but then intend to have discrete graphics GT210 card.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    419.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Native.dsl.zip
    34.4 KB · Views: 68
So this would not work on my Nehalem i7 860 P55 system running Mountain Lion? Since it's not Sandy or Ivy bridge.

Any suggestions which guide to follow in order to get it to work?

Cheers,
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back