Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am trying to install HDMI audio on my build but I dont understand the directions too well. I have been able to make a copy of my IOReg and have submitted a copy of the DSDT I am using. Would anyone be willing to point me to the right direction, Thank you.

Also It seems that my monitor only works with an DVI cable and not a VGA or HDMI cable I am not sure if that is related.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Oscar’s Mac Pro.zip
    541.1 KB · Views: 71
i cant access this page[GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards. says my account doesnt have the privileges required for it. i would like to access this so i can see how to make a dsdt for my ga-z77x-ud5h board using f14 uefi bios. I want to be able to get hdmi audio out on my 660ti

Hi Toleda, how are you?

I am here upgrading my hackintosh and well, need enable the audio way HDMI

My configuration is it

CPU: i7 3770
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1
Graphics Card: Asus nVidia GTX 650 1 Gb DDR5

Need I use the guide in this link Mountain Lion HDMI Audio?

Thanks in advanced

Hello again!

I'm still using my 550 Ti and the patched AppleHDA to get HDMi audio in ML, I was wondering if there have been any more break throughs with regards to:
23/05/2013 20:48:40.000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1901 goto Exit

I still don't mind it, but obviously if something has come along I don't mind using a fix :D

Thank you for all your work again!

I'm still using my 550 Ti and the patched AppleHDA to get HDMi audio in ML, I was wondering if there have been any more break throughs
Your specific problem is limited to the GTS 450 and GTX 550 ti. If it was going to be resolved it would have happened in ML when all Nvida HDMI audio device ids were added to AppleHDA.kext. Nvidia 6xx HDMI audio has been changed and it works the same as AMD HDMI audio. Since the problem was not fixed in ML, it is unlikely it will ever be fixed. The sound assertions are an inconvenience with the AppleHDA.kext_v1.7.9 (vintage 10.6.2) and won't be fixed. Only solution is a different graphics card.

I acquired a GT610 (ASUS GT610-SL-1GD3-L) and got 8ch HDMI audio working by taking snippets of DSDT code from here n there and an AppleHDA.kext from MB 5.3, but I would like to use the native AppleHDA so my S/L/E folder is completely Vanilla. Is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back