Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did have mDP audio working to the 27" ACD and also working through a mDP to HDMI adapter to my HDTV.
Edit a fresh MultiBeast 5.3/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext as described in Post #893 above. Reply with new IOReg.

Edit a fresh MultiBeast 5.3/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext as described in Post #893 above. Reply with new IOReg.

Ok, I edited a fresh MultiBeast 5.3/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext. I replaced both instances of AA98 with AAA0 in AppleHDAController. No change in audio.

Attached is a new IOReg.

I really appreciate all the help,

Dil83

Attachments

• Dil83 HD7950 ioreg #2.zip
    789.2 KB · Views: 76
Ok, I edited a fresh MultiBeast 5.3/ALC889 AppleHDA.kext. I replaced both instances of AA98 with AAA0 in AppleHDAController. No change in audio.
IOReg/ATY,Aji@0/av-signal-type is wrong, don't know why.

Hello Toleda. I'm trying to get my 560ti to play sound out of the HDMI port. I followed your guide (I think) but I must have missed something. I have sound out of the motherboard but even after the extra edit I'm supposed to do to the AppleHDA controller, I still get no HDMI in my sound output list. I've included my IOReg copy and my DSDT. Can you see if there is something missing and wrong.

Attachments

• IO REG and DSDT.zip
    662.1 KB · Views: 90
Hi, Toleda!

I think i have very interesting information for you. I remember you saying that one of the differences between Mountain Lion HDMI audio and Lion HDMI audio is that the former doesn't need a working HDA CODEC. Well, i can say this difference is not exactly factual, with all certainty, because i just managed to enable HDMI audio for my HD 5450 using the same DSDT i made for Mountain Lion HDMI audio support and booting with PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No (yes, exactly the same method i use for Mountain Lion). The AppleHDA i have in my system is the stock one (vanilla) from 10.7.5, so no attempt to enable support for my CODEC was made. Time to update your knowledge database. :)

All the best!

Had to edit my last post: i was tired when i wrote it, and ended up forgetting a "not", without which the post would mean exactly the opposite of it was intended to do.

All the best!

I think i have very interesting information for you. I remember you saying that one of the differences between Mountain Lion HDMI audio and Lion HDMI audio is that the former doesn't need a working HDA CODEC. Well, i can say this difference is exactly factual
I never installed 10.7.5; not surprising. 10.6.8 AppleHDA is similar to 10.7 AppleHDA. More interesting is whether 10.7.5 AppleHDA.kext supports Nvidia HDMI audio natively as ML does.

I never installed 10.7.5; not surprising. 10.6.8 AppleHDA is similar to 10.7 AppleHDA. More interesting is whether 10.7.5 AppleHDA.kext supports Nvidia HDMI audio natively as ML does.

Well, it appears to support ATI HDMI audio, at least... :)

Can you see if there is something missing and wrong.
Yes, IOReg shows your graphics card at pci-bridge@3 (0x00030000). You did not edit the patch file with the correct address. To fix the dsdt:
Find:
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
Replace:
Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)

Compile, and install.

The GTX 560ti is not support natively in ML. An edit to AppleHDA.kext is required:
AppleHDAController binary
find: de 10 ea 0b
replace: de 10 0c 0e (2x)

Save, install and restart.

More info, see AppleHDAController Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia
Credit: YRousse HELP! No HDMI audio on 560 ti in 10.8 - Page 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back