Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this usable with Asus P6T SE (x58) and GTX 670? I believe the mobo has ALC12000, I want HDMI audio from the GPU..

The reason you do not have HDMI audio with the dsdt from the DSDT Database is your HDMI device is attached to the wrong HDMI connector on the motherboard. Shutdown, move the HDMI cable to the other a HDMI connector and restart. Do not use macmin6,1 sysdef, use macmini5,1.

Is this usable with Asus P6T SE (x58) and GTX 670? I believe the mobo has ALC12000, I want HDMI audio from the GPU..
For HDMI audio, yes. 888 onboard audio may or may not work with MultiBeast/ALC888 Legacy.

Thanks!

Ok but when I move to the other port I don't get any sound or picture. It's just black...

How about my other questions? Do I have to patch, compile and choose the drivers or just install the DSDT from the database?

EDIT: IT WORKS! :D THANK YOU! <3

One more question, Airplay dosen't work with Mac Mini 5.1. Is there anyone else that fits my system?

For HDMI audio, yes. 888 onboard audio may or may not work with MultiBeast/ALC888 Legacy.
I have onboard audio working. But Im having a hard time grasping how to follow the guide.. What points should I follow? I have a custom dsdt for my motherboard.

AirPlay: audio? mirroring?

'AirPlay Audio' & all displays work for me in all configurations.

However, 'AirPlay Mirroring' to AppleTV3 does not work when GT 640 is added:

Macmini5,1 - HD3000 - GE = Yes - DSDT Dev ID Injection=None - Works
Macmini5,1 - HD3000 - GE = No - DSDT Dev ID Injection=0x126 - Works
Macmini5,1 - HD3000+GT640 - GE = No - DSDT Dev ID Injection=0x126 - Does Not Work

iMac12,2 - HD3000 - GE = Yes - DSDT Dev ID Injection=None - Does Not Work
iMac12,2 - HD3000 - GE = No - DSDT Dev ID Injection=0x126 - Does Not Work
iMac12,2 - HD3000+GT640 - GE = No - DSDT Dev ID Injection=0x126 - Does Not Work

Toleda,

Thanks for this guide, but I guess I am taking crazy pills because I do not understand a word of it. I have the following:

EVGA GTX 660
GA-Z77N-WIFI
Intel 3570K

In the very beginning of the guide, it says: "Enabling HDMI audio in OS X Mountain Lion is very similar to Lion. Editing your dsdt has been a significant obstacle to success. Introducing a new simple and easy HDMI Audio dsdt editing tool for OS X HDMI audio. Based on the DSDT Editor built by MaLd0n, pushing the Apply button automatically adds the HDMI audio dsdt edits to your dsdt."

Except, I can't find the "new simple and easy HDMI AUdio dsdt editing tool" anywhere. I don't see any links in any of your posts to the actual editor. Maybe I am just snowblind because I'm on a large TV, but I do not see it anywhere.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back