Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Voodoo does not need the dsdt or AppleHDA, AppleHDA needs the dsdt. Is DD/DTS surround sound working?

I only managed to configure my logitech speakers in 2.1 stereo, no surround sound :( If I select the HDMI output I got the option to use surround sound (5.1, 6.1, 7.1) but I'm unable to test it. I can play movie files with ac3 and dts tracks though

Have to say thank you so much got my new setup running ML with HDMI audio as well as analog so happy. Thank you toleda

Hi Forum,

I´m using the Gigabyte z77n wifi with an Nvidia GTX660TI ( Gigabyte )
My SPDIF works well so far.

But my HDMI will not by shown in Configuration/audio menu.

I used the DSDT File from the Forums-DB for the Motherboard ( Firmware Version F2 ) and the ktext from Multbeast with DSDT for ALC892

Please help me to get HDMI on GTX660 work

Thanks a lot

Hi,

@toleda,

at the moment i will use my spdif to get dolbydigital out.

I had deleted my dsdt.aml at /extra and installed all drivers for without dsdt.
The Stereo sound works perfect for me, but in eyetv,vlc for example i had no ac3 sound.

when i start xbmc i had perfect DD/DTS sound?

What´s wrong???

Please help me.

This is not hard. Every step is there. Perform each step and there won't be a problem. Not doing a step is always a problem.
Download HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. All the details and screenshota are in the -Read_me_first...pdf. You will need to edit layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 when you get to that step. No other edits are required. Start at "Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Preparation"

Hi again,

I've tried both the old and the new "easy" guide but I can't solve this. The ioreg-file says that my layout-ID is as you wrote above, but there is still no HDMI in sound options. I use an GA-Z77N-Wifi with an Intel i3 3225 HD4000 gpu.

I attache dsdt (downloaded from tonymacosx86 and patched from the easy guide). Cant upload ioreg, it was to big....?! Are you able to help me? Please... :)

at the moment i will use my spdif to get dolbydigital out.

I had deleted my dsdt.aml at /extra and installed all drivers for without dsdt.
The Stereo sound works perfect for me, but in eyetv,vlc for example i had no ac3 sound.
What problem are you trying to solve, ac3 over spdif or hdmi audio?

I attache dsdt (downloaded from tonymacosx86 and patched from the easy guide). Cant upload ioreg, it was to big....?!
Nothing attached; use Finder/File/Compress and attach .zip file.

Oh..

Way to go
1. I Will make a clean install with ML 10.8.2 in a few ours. (Installed 10.8 yesterday)
2. Before this I'm gonna make a fresh IOreg copy.
3. When I'm done I will download the DSDT and patch and compile it with the 'easy .txt' file.
4. When I install the new DSDT I will add drivers trough Multibeast:
a. ALC892 with DSDT
b. Cimera boot loader
c. System recognizing as Mac Mini 3.1
d. Apple official Realtek drivers
5. Make a fresh copy of IOreg if it don't work
6. Any other options I have to choose?

Questions
1. Do I miss any step or making a wrong turn if I do it like this?
2. Is it right to install drivers on that step or not?
3. Do I really need to patch and compile when the downloaded DSDT says "with HDMI sound" in the description? (GA-Z77N-wifi F2)
4. Install or not install the sound drivers?
5. System recognizing as Mac Mini 3.1 or what else? HD4000 GPU.
6. If its possible I want to activate both HDMI channel for picture and sound. How to?

Attachments

• Toleda.zip
    391.2 KB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back