Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey toleda,

i have a q6600 on a ep35-ds4 motherboard. hdmi audio is working for 10.6 and 10.7
i recently got a new graphics card (gainward 560ti 2gb) and updated to ml 10.8.2
i'm trying to get hdmi audio to work and followed the following procedure:
1. changed dsdt layout id to 1
2. installed multibeast dsdt audio 889a => outputs/inputs were recognized upon restart
3. hex edit HDAController to de10ea0b
4. got hdmi audio in system info but not in audio midi

thanks for any help! find attached my ioreg and dsdt

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 55
  • chriss’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    541.9 KB · Views: 47
Here's two dsdt.aml files and the IOreg file; the "dtds.aml" is the original dsdt extracted, while the "dsdt(added HDEF).aml" file is the dsdt with added HDEF code.
Thank you for helping me.
For HDMI audio, dsdt/HDEF/iayout-id injection is required. Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Verify Audio ID: 3 and onboard audio.

For the IOReg attached, was an HDMI device attached to the HDMI port? If yes, the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext needs an edit. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3c: Kext Edits - Intel HD3000 Revised

For HD3000 HDMi audio, the Intel BIOS is similar to the AMI BIOS. Edit the layout-id to 3 in the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt as mentioned in the guide. Unfortunately, 1 of the 7 HDMI audio dsdt editing steps does not work on the Intel dsdt. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT and use the HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. Follow all the steps and compile. From the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1 attachment in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio, copy the Intel HD3000_GE=Y_DSDT/IGPU_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete edit as shown below:

Code:
    Scope (_SB.PCI0)
    {
        Device (IGPU)
        {
            Name (DSEN, Zero)
            Name (NDID, Zero)
            Name (BRTL, Zero)
            Name (DID1, 0x80000100)
            Name (DID2, 0x80000400)
            Name (DID3, 0x80000200)
            Name (DID4, 0x04)
            Name (DID5, 0x05)
            Name (DID6, Zero)
            Name (DID7, Zero)
            Name (DID8, Zero)
            Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
            Name (OPBS, 0xFFFFFF00)
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "AAPL,snb-platform-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00
                        }, 
                        "hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
            Method (OPBA, 0, NotSerialized)

Compile, save and install per the guide.

Reply with the edited dsdt and IOReg.

3. hex edit HDAController to de10ea0b
4. got hdmi audio in system info but not in audio midi
Verify the correct AppleHDAController binary edit; should be AppleHDAController de10ea0b => de100c0e (2x). As well, the signal-type in IOReg/NVDA,Display-A@0 is 2 suggesting an HDMI device is not connected; should be 8.

hey toleda,
excuse my sloppy writing, the two hdacontroller edits are de10ea0b => de100c0e (2x)
i verified them and installed them correctly, no hdmi audio device showed up though...

at the time i took the ioreg snapshot i had disconnected hdmi to gain dual screen support. i just extracted ioreg with hdmi connected...
any other ideas what could have gone wrong?

Attachments

• chriss’s Mac Pro new.ioreg.zip
    549.7 KB · Views: 50
at the time i took the ioreg snapshot i had disconnected hdmi to gain dual screen support. i just extracted ioreg with hdmi connected...
any other ideas what could have gone wrong?
Same problem, the graphics card sees no HDMI device attached.

this is because its connected to my stereo (onkyo receiver) which doesnt output a visual signal.
it should still process sound though:
the onkyo receiver was used as a hdmi processor back with my old gfx card 5770 where hdmi audio was working even without a tv connected.

this is because its connected to my stereo (onkyo receiver) which doesnt output a visual signal.
it should still process sound though:
the onkyo receiver was used as a hdmi processor back with my old gfx card 5770 where hdmi audio was working even without a tv connected.
The facts, your graphics card has one device connected to it and it is not an HDMI device. A receiver is an HDMI device and will show as a display with or with out a TV attached. Your receiver is not visible to the graphics card; I don't know why.

Hey Toleda,

I have an EVGA SR-2 and EVGA GTX 580 and I can't get HDMI video or audio out on any HDMI Out card (Kona or BlackMagic) I install on either Lion or Mountain Lion. I also have a Dual Core Hackintosh and those HDMI cards work fine. Can you help me out please?

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• SR-2 Ioreg.zip
    540.4 KB · Views: 56
I have an EVGA SR-2 and EVGA GTX 580 and I can't get HDMI video or audio out on any HDMI Out card (Kona or BlackMagic) I install on either Lion or Mountain Lion. I also have a Dual Core Hackintosh and those HDMI cards work fine. Can you help me out please?
The techniques described in this thread require AppleHDA.kext. However, if you did install AppleHDA.kext, HDMI audio would not work. There is an extra pci-bridge@0 that disables the dsdt HDMI audio edits in NPE3@3. Your best option is Voodoo, however, i have no knowledge or experience with Voodoo. I don't have any experience with Black Magic either.

Is there any chance of getting AppleHDA to work on a EVGA SR-2? I tried the optimized Apple HDA kext for the Realtek 889 and everything shows correctly in Sound Prefs but I get no sound out of the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back