Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda,

I'm trying to get hdmi audio. I believe I've done everything correctly but not only am I not getting audio through hdmi but my input devices are not working correctly. I'm still new to editing a dsdt but using that tool that's supposed to automate it still isn't doing the trick i guess. Please see the attached files.

Attachments

• hdmi dsdt edits_sumsaykraz.zip
    458 KB · Views: 81
I'm trying to get hdmi audio. I believe I've done everything correctly but not only am I not getting audio through hdmi but my input devices are not working correctly. I'm still new to editing a dsdt but using that tool that's supposed to automate it still isn't doing the trick i guess. Please see the attached files.
Suggest an update to 10.8.2. The dsdt edits look correct. IOReg looks correct. The issue is your GT 210. Many GT 210s don't make HDMI audio in OS X.

Suggest an update to 10.8.2. The dsdt edits look correct. IOReg looks correct. The issue is your GT 210. Many GT 210s don't make HDMI audio in OS X.

Yeah. Didn't realize I needed to update until late last night. I have updated but just haven't tried the dsdt again. Thank you for the input.

I seem to have done something stupid and broken my working HDMI sound :( In fact I have lost all entries from my sound options.

Here's what I did:
1. Installed a SPDIF board so I could get optical out.
2. Installed AppleHDA.kext from multibeast
3. Attempted to edit it to work with the 2 pin spdif.
4. Reverted / Undid everything I did and replaced AppleHDA.kext with a backup I had that was working!

I have attached my DSDT, AppleHDA.kext and IOReg.

I am hoping it is just something stupid that I have done.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

• NatDeamer.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
I seem to have done something stupid and broken my working HDMI sound :( In fact I have lost all entries from my sound options.
First step is install a working AppleHDA.kext. Suggest MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC8??. Reply with IOReg.

First step is install a working AppleHDA.kext. Suggest MultiBeast 5.1.2 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC8??. Reply with IOReg.

That fixed it! Must have been stupid and accidentally edited my backup or something!!!

Next up - getting the 2 pin optical working. Will have another go and post in the customization thread

[/CENTER]
Enjoy.

Hi Toleda
I'm using an Intel DH61AG motherboard i3-2125 CPU (HD3000) running 10.8.2. DSDT --> DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "INTEL ", "DH61AG ", 0x0000002B)
which DSDT edit file shall I use? "hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt or hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd3000.txt ?
Thanks

Hi Toleda
I'm using an Intel DH61AG motherboard i3-2125 CPU (HD3000) running 10.8.2. DSDT --> DefinitionBlock ("./dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "INTEL ", "DH61AG ", 0x0000002B)
which DSDT edit file shall I use? "hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt or hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd3000.txt ?
Thanks
I don't know because I have never seen one. Please reply with your dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

I don't know because I have never seen one. Please reply with your dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Here's two dsdt.aml files and the IOreg file; the "dtds.aml" is the original dsdt extracted, while the "dsdt(added HDEF).aml" file is the dsdt with added HDEF code.
Thank you for helping me.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 72
  • dsdt(added HDEF).aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IORegMacMini.zip
    338.7 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back