Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need for the GT 640 HDMI audio is now in your dsdt. Yes, connect the HDMI cable to the GT 640. Install the dsdt and restart.

hello Toleda I put the dsdt, turned on the TV, rebooted
it does not work, no HDMI in sound preferences

could you verified the dsdt post #180
if you have time thank you

I put the ALC898 kext from MultiBeast 5.0.2 with dsdt

Attachments

• Sans titre - copie.jpg
    Sans titre - copie.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 125
Necessary but not sufficient. Check System Preferences/Sound/Output/HDMI. If no HDMI listed, HDMI audio is not working. Attach your edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

hi toledo thanx 4 u help and your great work here!

startet over - cause i dont know which pack i shoult take for my ga-z77n-wifi, i3-3225, 2x4gb ram. so i did 2 installation - but both show only hdmi audio in system info - not in prefs- audio. :(

- which ist the right AppleHDA.kext i should use???
and is the HDAEnabler1.kext needed ? or delete it?

here are the 2 different file for each pack -

HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit :

• zip.gif
    io-reg-no-extra-folder.zip (406.7 KB)
  • zip.gif

hd4000_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit_v1 :

• zip.gif
    io-reg-afterhd4000kit-v1.zip (413.9 KB)
  • zip.gif
    dsdt afterhd4000kit-v1 .aml.zip (13.5 KB)

hope you can help me - cause i am getting nuts -

thanx a lot

warm regards
norman

Attachments

• io-reg-no-extra-folder.zip
    406.7 KB · Views: 76
  • dsdt after cleaning bevor patch .aml.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 72
  • io-reg-afterhd4000kit-v1.zip
    413.9 KB · Views: 65
  • dsdt afterhd4000kit-v1 .aml.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
hello Toleda I put the dsdt, turned on the TV, rebooted
it does not work, no HDMI in sound preferences
Not enough information. I cannot answer your question until I see the IOReg. I know what the screenshot looks like when I see an IOReg; I cannot see what is in the IOReg with a screenshot. Unless I ask for a screenshot, reply with an IOReg every time you change/test something.

startet over - cause i dont know which pack i shoult take for my ga-z77n-wifi, i3-3225, 2x4gb ram. so i did 2 installation - but both show only hdmi audio in system info - not in prefs- audio. :(
You are driving me nuts. This thread, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio with this edit hd4000_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit_v1 is obsolete. Delete anything you did with that method.

The only kit you should be using is HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from this thread Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. Apply the edits to the dsdt, compile and install

You cannot use an enabler with a dsdt. You have to use a dsdt for HDMI audio . Deleted the enabler.

Reply with the edited dsdt and a new IOReg.

Hey Toleda:

Recently updated to 10.8.2 and lost audio once again by HDMI o HD3000. Here's my DSDT and IOReg file. I made no changes after update.

Attachments

• iOReg-prguy85.zip
    328.6 KB · Views: 70
  • dsdt-prguy85.zip
    26 KB · Views: 58
sorry - it is very hard for me to understand what i have to do exactly.

here are the new ones

thanks a lot helping a dsdt newbie

is it right to use applehda.kext with dsdt von multi beast ?

regards
norman
zip.gif

Attachments

• dsdt Kopie.aml.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 78
  • io-reg.zip
    331.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Not enough information. I cannot answer your question until I see the IOReg. I know what the screenshot looks like when I see an IOReg; I cannot see what is in the IOReg with a screenshot. Unless I ask for a screenshot, reply with an IOReg every time you change/test something.
here is the new ioreg .... thank you for your patience and your work

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    698.8 KB · Views: 74
Hey Toleda:

Recently updated to 10.8.2 and lost audio once again by HDMI o HD3000. Here's my DSDT and IOReg file. I made no changes after update.
The update replaced S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with the 10.8.2 native AppleHDA.kext. I'll bet you did not backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext before you did the update. Your choices are:
1. leave dsdt with current layout-id, run MultBeast 5.0.1/ALC whatever (add motherboard to your profile)
2. edit layout_id to 3, run Mulibeast 5.1.1/ALC whatever, see Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

here is the new ioreg .... thank you for your patience and your work
What audio devices show in System Preferences/Sound/Outputs and Inputs?

You missed a step
Mountain Lion HDMI audio - Verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist
1. Delete any and all audio enablers (HDAEnabler8??), helpers (ALC8??), etc.; AppleHDA.kext only.

Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache and restart. Reply with new IOReg,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back