Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toleda,

Yeah! it works! BIG THANKS!!!
I followed your suggestions and all goes well right now. 1. Used the clean dsdt you attached. and step 2, 3 as well. Also, disabled "Graphics Enabler=YES". Deleted AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E. Then everything is done.
Don't really know if the last two steps (disabled GE & delete AppleHDA.kext) is a must. Will find it out later.

Just wanna address my sincere thanks to you.

Regards,

NetCramer

Attachments

• DSDT_IOReg.zip
    413.6 KB · Views: 266
Hi toleda,
Once you helped me solve the problem with HDMI audio by editing DSDT. Thank you very much again for that :)
Could you help me one more time? It’s about hdmi again ☺

My spec:
Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z68-M PRO
Processor: Core i7 2600
Graphics: GeForce GTX 560

Now the situation is as follows:
there are 2 DVI slots in my videocard;
one is connected to the monitor, the other to the HDMI receiver through which the sound is reproduced;
and everything functions perfectly due to your help.

Now I'm trying to connect the second monitor to the HDMI-out of the receiver.

When I do that a very strange thing happens:
1) the main monitor starts blinking every second (it is on and then it is off and black, then it shows the desktop and then black again)
2) the second monitor which is connected through the HDMI-receiver doesn’t show any picture, but its power indicator starts blinking (it is blue when the monitor is on and yellow when there is no signal and it is in the stand-by mode); so it blinks together with the main monitor: once it is yellow and in a second it is blue and so on

Every time all this lasts for a different period from 1 to 15 minutes, and then the second monitor turns on and both of them function OK and I can use them for the whole day.
But if I turn off one of the monitors for 2 seconds and then turn it on, this process starts from the very beginning and I have to wait when the 15-minute blinking is over, and after that everything will function normally.
The same thing happens after rebooting the computer: every time I wait 5 to 15 minutes until both monitors are on.

While they are blinking there appear a great many logs in the console.
I tried to switch on both monitors and wait until they function OK and here is the log file from the console.
Here is a console log (in final of log monitors stop blinking and they function OK): http://pastebin.com/xrTL7J1D

Here is a video with the blinking: http://youtu.be/CV3LEQah9g0

I also tried to connect two monitors on ML and Mavericks, and the result is the same.

What can I do to make them switch on at once and not agonize for 15 minutes? (Maybe edit something in DSDT?)
Thank you in advance :)

What can I do to make them switch on at once and not agonize for 15 minutes?
One of your HDMI devices is behaving badly.
1. Remover receiver, plug 2nd monitor into 560; OK or Not OK
2. Insert receiver between 1st monitor and 560; Ok or Not OK.

Thank you for your quick answer!

You wrote:
One of your HDMI devices is behaving badly.
1. Remover receiver, plug 2nd monitor into 560; OK or Not OK
2. Insert receiver between 1st monitor and 560; Ok or Not OK.

My tests:
1. When I connect both monitors right to the DVI of 560, everything is OK, they function well
2. When I connect both DVI and both monitors (I checked all variants) through the receiver, the result is the same: 5 to 15 minutes of blinking, then they function well

As far as I can see, the problem is in the receiver, but why does the second monitor, which is connected through the receiver, switch on at all after blinking for 15 minutes?

What actually happens during these 5-15 minutes? Does Mac OS check different variants of connection (hdef layouts, device ids, etc?) until it finds the right one?
Maybe I should edit something in DSDT to make it find the right way at once and not search for it among 100 of them?

There may be something that’ll help understand this in the log file

As far as I can see, the problem is in the receiver, but why does the second monitor, which is connected through the receiver, switch on at all after blinking for 15 minutes?
The receiver is the problem. No idea.

hello i've got a Gtx 770 (evga 4gb) with no HDMI audio on a asus P8P67 PRO board running 10.8.4, it's been running fine audio usb3 esata ect ever since i installed it since 10.8.4 came out with every thing running fine including my highpoint rocketraid 640l (tho it shows it as a parallel scsi and not a raid card but that's for an other post) with no problems apart from having no HDMI audio.

Iv looked in the multiple post's about enabling HDMI audio on Gtx770 or any AMD/Nvidia graphic cards but can not make head nor tails of any of it even the [Easy Guide] ML: UEFI HDMI Audio post 'No copy, no paste, no finding the right place to paste' but no, is there not like some sort of installer package out there that just let you click on it and install like multibeast with out all the complex looking editing/instructions or am i dreaming and it is a ball ache to sort out thanks.

sorry for the double post. Yes there seems to be lol found this on an other forum some 1 posted this HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg just installed the kext using KextBeast did a repair disk permission restarted and i have HDMI audio running from my evga Gtx 770 every things running fine. can post the HDMIAudio-1.0.dmg if any 1 else is having no joy and wants to give it a try worked for me.

Attachments

• hdmi-audio.jpg
    hdmi-audio.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 267
hi, I am currently running ML 10.8.5 in my config (see left signature for details) and would like to enable HDMI out for my HD3000. I don't seem to find a guide that suits for me...
I know ML is pretty obsolete, but is the only one ATM where I have everything working (my BT is not supported in newer osx versions, as well as my good wifi BCM4311 ;( ).

in Lion I got it working years ago, but the applehda kext I was using is not working anymore in ML, also with ML I updated my bios to UEFI U1C, so my old DSDT.aml file is not working now, I get immediately KP on boot with it.

so ATM I have ML 10.8.5 with all working except for HDMI out, bios UEFI.
I have no DSDT, (non-dsdt) realtek ALC889 audio kext installed via multibeast 5.x and I see the volume icon in the status bar, so the audio chip seems recognized, but didn't really test last night as it was already very very late... but I would like to use HDMI out from hd3000.. any suggestions please? tia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back