Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx for quick reply.

after plug in my gt640 i see nothing on my display ;( no bios, no mountain lion. (display is connected to gt640)

when i connect my display to hd3000 hdmi port i see bios and chimera but mountain lion installation stops at boot @ lnx2mac realtek.....

must i connect 2 displays on each hdmi ? (have only one display)

geetings.

after plug in my gt640 i see nothing on my display ;( no bios, no mountain lion. (display is connected to gt640)
When you set Primary Display to IGPU, that is where the BIOS, boot screen, etc. goes. If you have one display, set Primary Display to PEG and disable IGPU; this thread is not for you.

If you have one display, set Primary Display to PEG and disable IGPU; this thread is not for you.

ok thx
but then is air mirroring and facetime disabled - because no quicksync is present right ?

should i better use my hd3000 instead gt640 ?
greetings.

Hi Toleda,

I've implemented your patches on my Asrock Z77E-ITX. All is working fine (HD4000 is recognized) but when I hook a monitor to the IGPU i get no picture... not a big deal, but just curious what could be causing in. I'm got my 27" ACD connected to my GTX570... I had to connect my second monitor via DVI/HDMI adapter to the 570 as well to get a second screen.

The great news with your DSDT injections is I got rid of my boot.plist injections.

Thanks.

Hey all, I'm trying to get a 5 monitor setup going using 2 GT 610s and the HD4000. The GT610s work fine when I disable the HD4000 in BIOS.
But when I have IGFX as primary, my bootup always hangs on: [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform. Doesn't get to the desktop on any screen.

Right now I've got 4 monitors running successfully with the GT 610s with GE=No. Just need to get the HD4000's DVI Port working! Any ideas what the problem may be?

Mobo: B75M-D3H
CPU: i3 3245
System Def: iMac12,2 (from the thread, it seemed like you had to use either iMac or MacMini system def)

Enabled IGFX and primary in BIOS with 64MB RAM and added the lines for HD4000 injection in Post #1 into my DSDT. But Toleda said that my DSDT injection for HD4000 is not working. Any idea why? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Attachments

• DSDT-B75M-D3H.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 64
But when I have IGFX as primary, my bootup always hangs on: [AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform. Doesn't get to the desktop on any screen.

Enabled IGFX and primary in BIOS with 64MB RAM and added the lines for HD4000 injection in Post #1 into my DSDT. But Toleda said that my DSDT injection for HD4000 is not working.
AGPM errors do not stop/hang boot. How long are you waiting before you decide the boot has hung? Boot with -x and reply with a copy of IOReg.

Hi Toleda,

Is it possible to set up a working system with a Z68 mb, an HD4000 proc, and a GTX 580 using this method? I haven't been able to find an answer to my question in the forums or so far in this thread, so I thought I would ask before venturing down an unknown path.

My specs are:
i7-3770
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
Gigabyte GTX 580
As of now, dual monitors on the GTX. I have no immediate desire to use the onboard for anything other than airplay unless necessary.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back