Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I could really do with some help getting my HD4000 & Nvidia GT610 working together if someone wouldn't mind helping me through it?

I have a Gigabyte Z77-UP5-TH board and have installed 10.8.4 ML and i can get the onboard HD4000 to work just fine by setting the bios graphics option to IGFX,
If i place the Nvidia card in its slot and boot the HD4000 still displays but sits on the spinning grey wheel and doesnt get any further,
If i boot with -V i get this:

73983-photo-2.JPG

and it just sits there and gets no further.

I have to use -x to get into OSX

Once im in i have tried GE=No which didnt help, then installing the Nividia drivers with GE=Yes and then GE=No
Which neither changed the situation, i can change the bios from IGFX to PEG and still get to the same point as the picture but showing on the screen connected to the Nvidia Card.

Both HD4000 and Nvidia 610 do show up in Apple system profiler once i get in with -x but both fail to boot normally without a switch of -x

Ive set the PCIRootUID=0 and then PCIRootUID=1 strings again no change.

no matter what i do i just cant boot without a -x

any ideas?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I could really do with some help getting my HD4000 & Nvidia GT610 working together if someone wouldn't mind helping me through it?
No need to run experiments that are guaranteed to fail.
Start with Post #1. Remove the GT 610. Make HD4000 work.

No need to run experiments that are guaranteed to fail.
Start with Post #1. Remove the GT 610. Make HD4000 work.

The HD4000 works just fine its just that when I put the GT610 in booting hangs, what should I do to start getting them both working together ?
Thanks

Is HD4000 working with GE=No? Post #1.

No its not, so ok i get it now i need to edit my DSDT and insert the code as per:

2b. HD4000 dsdt Injection (minimum edits; dsdt/GFX0 + Method (DTGP))

I have downloaded DSDT editor and extracted the DSDT, found the Device GFX0 but i dont know what to do now/how or where to add the code, is there a guide somewhere on how to do this ?

I really appreciate your help I'd highly recommend a step by step noobs guide to be made if there isn't one out there already as the info in the first post is way too cryptic for those who are just starting out.

Thanks!

i dont know what to do now/how or where to add the code, is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?
Use 1. HDMI Audio. Several guides available.

This thread is not intended for noobs. Advanced personal computer knowledge is assumed. If a user is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the instructions, do not attempt.

Use 1. HDMI Audio. Several guides available.

This thread is not intended for noobs. Advanced personal computer knowledge is assumed. If a user is unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the instructions, do not attempt.

Would you care to point me towards a guide that you can confirm is correct ? Of coarse I can use the search but how do I know whether what comes up in the results is the right thing to follow?
I'm not a personal computer noob I've been building and using pc's for 15 years I've just never done this before.
If this thread is designed for those that already know what they are doing I'm sure it would save you a lot of time having to answer questions from people like me if you could post some links on exactly how to go through each step as reference and then people could do it without bothering you.
Thanks!

Would you care to point me towards a guide that you can confirm is correct ? Of coarse I can use the search but how do I know whether what comes up in the results is the right thing to follow?
You reinforced why noob guides aren't worth the time.
1. If you had looked at Post #1 of this thread as noted, 1. HDMI Audio; there is a "correct" HDMI Audio link. I answered your question and you ignored the suggestion, a noob response.
2. If you had used Search: HDMI audio, the first entry takes you to 4 HDMI Audio sticky guides and the second is a post noting all HDMI guides for Mavericks. "how do I know...." is a noob excuse not to do research.
3. I don't know of a noob question that has not been answered on this site. Noobs assume their problem is special and a knowledgeable user will "fix" their noob problem. This may be a surprise, the noob is responsible for fixing noob problems on their systems.
4. How does a noob become knowledgeable; they figure out how to use the tools/guides/expertise their research uncovers. Try it.

You reinforced why noob guides aren't worth the time.
1. If you had looked at Post #1 of this thread as noted, 1. HDMI Audio; there is a "correct" HDMI Audio link. I answered your question and you ignored the suggestion, a noob response.
2. If you had used Search: HDMI audio, the first entry takes you to 4 HDMI Audio sticky guides and the second is a post noting all HDMI guides for Mavericks. "how do I know...." is a noob excuse not to do research.
3. I don't know of a noob question that has not been answered on this site. Noobs assume their problem is special and a knowledgeable user will "fix" their noob problem. This may be a surprise, the noob is responsible for fixing noob problems on their systems.
4. How does a noob become knowledgeable; they figure out how to use the tools/guides/expertise their research uncovers. Try it.

Im not shirking responsibility of fixing the problem im trying to find out the correct information because you told me trial and error is pointless, I need plain english not bullet points of subjects or items i have never seen before i have no understanding of, "how to" guides in plain english will always save you time in having to repeat yourself, if you are having to repeat yourself to people its because you have not presented the information in an understandable way i really appreciate the time and effort anyone has gone to in order to help others but if the information is not understandable how is it of any use?
The biggest part of teaching is to help people interpret and understand the information you are trying to convey.
Once again thank you for your help! - oh and I'm using Mountain Lion not mavericks, but i think i said that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back