Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: HD3000/HD4000 with AMD or Nvidia, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though you did not ask, the reason you do not have HD4000 DP/HDMI audio is the wrong Audio ID; edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

I use HD4000/DP and GTX750 HD/HDMI with no issues. I do not see any problems in the IORegs. Are you are using a DP2mDP adapter and/or a TB connector?

You won't believe it, but I was just thinking about HD4000 #3 dsdt edit! I'll test and post asap.
Using DP to miniDP.
Meanwhile, thanks for the tip, man!

Even though you did not ask, the reason you do not have HD4000 DP/HDMI audio is the wrong Audio ID; edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00.

I use HD4000/DP and GTX750 HD/HDMI with no issues. I do not see any problems in the IORegs. Are you are using a DP2mDP adapter and/or a TB connector?
No luck. Apple Cinema Display still behaves incorrectly.
Ioreg and dsdt attached.

Attachments

• ioreg no luck.zip
    499 KB · Views: 65
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 97
What did you change? IOReg and dsdt are no help in this kind of problem. Check/replace the adapter.
I don't think the adapter is the issue: pluggin ACD into the Video card display port (dp to mdp as well) works properly. Using ACD with my other rig also no problems (integrated HD4000). It's kind of a little mistery!

I don't think the adapter is the issue: pluggin ACD into the Video card display port (dp to mdp as well) works properly. Using ACD with my other rig also no problems (integrated HD4000). It's kind of a little mistery!
No other suggestions.

Toleda what's the chance of this working with a laptop with switchable graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back