Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Geekbench scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My geekbench scores were very close 14963 in Lion and 14830 in Mountain Lion. 2600k @ 4.2GHz for both tests.

SSDT Worked

Probably SSDT. Run MultiBeast and install SSDT for your CPU.

[Customisation -> Boot Options -> SSDT -> Your CPU]

Also, on topic, I went up by ~300 in geek bench.

This worked beautifully, I went from 5600 to 12,700 and things are running buttery smooth now, thanks!

You seems to contradict DeskIDE who just said "SSDT no longer fixes performance problems in Mountain Lion, that was a 10.7.4 fix"
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-geekbench-scores-3.html#post393196)
Is SSDT all you did to double your score?

So... does SSDT method work in ML? Or not? call me confused...

I guess I'll find out if I ever manage to install ML. I cannot boot in ML (on both my hacks),'
Like some others, I have this issue with a crash as soon as Darwin behinds loading (before the grey Apple logo). I haven't done enough reading to see if this problem has been sorted out.
If someone here can shortcut me to the right reading, I'll appreciate!

ssdt is all i did.

SSDT totally saved me and Mountain Lion is now running things measurably faster...

I had a drop from around 17,500 to around 10,000 with a new Mountain Lion install - Loaded a big session in Ableton Live and saw the CPU was using around 57% when idle and over 70% when in playback which I knew was way too high - Booted up my old Lion image and the Idle dropped back to a much more acceptable 39% at idle and 50% during playback. Reluctantly began a new install using Lion and noticed that as soon as I installed multibeast I saw the same drop in Lion! After a bit of googling I realized it must have been the SSDT, I then used Multibeast to install just the SSDT for overclocked i7's (I'm running a i7 970 oc'd to 4.0), rebooted and voila, up to over 18000, best score ever! Then went back to My mountain Lion image, used Multibeast to install just the SSDT again, rebooted and WOOOOHOOOO! over 18,500 in geekbench! Even Higher! Loaded up the same project in Ableton and saw the CPU was using around 35% now when idle and around 44% when in playback - a noticeable drop from even Lion!

So SSDT totally saved me and Mountain Lion is now running things measurably faster... WIN!

Massive thanks to the community for all the help as usual ;)

14.555 geek bench score on a intel I7 2600k @4Ghz same as lion for me... Without Nullcpublabla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back