Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Geekbench scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seems to contradict DeskIDE who just said "SSDT no longer fixes performance problems in Mountain Lion, that was a 10.7.4 fix"
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-geekbench-scores-3.html#post393196)
Is SSDT all you did to double your score?

So... does SSDT method work in ML? Or not? call me confused...

I guess I'll find out if I ever manage to install ML. I cannot boot in ML (on both my hacks),'
Like some others, I have this issue with a crash as soon as Darwin behinds loading (before the grey Apple logo). I haven't done enough reading to see if this problem has been sorted out.
If someone here can shortcut me to the right reading, I'll appreciate!

I installed with SSDT and had this score. Removing the SSDT made my score fall to lower than half of that. HWMonitor was showing my system stuck at x16 without the SSDT, but speedstep works after installing the SSDT (my processor only seems to jump between x16, x17, and x34; I don't overclock). The latest version of MultiBeast says that the SSDT is for people running 10.7.4, but it looks like it works for Mountain Lion as well. I'd be great if Tony would post an updated version of MultiBeast that explicitly states to use the SSDT for Sandy Bridge systems on 10.8 as well since I'm guessing some people might not be aware and might be running at half (or less) speed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 6.47.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-27 at 6.47.01 PM.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 215
Mine went up! Kinda...

Stock Speed:
Lion 10.7.4 GB64- 13661
Mountain Lion 10.8 GB64- 13712

I wouldn't consider that an improvement, on a good day Lion would probably net that result. However, the score did not go down. Cinebench nets almost identical scores as well.

Revising my score...
I uninstalled the incompatible LittleSnitch2 on my system and rerun Geekbench.

15,693 Mountain Lion vs. 15742 Lion
Almost the same

Attachments

• MLvsL.png
    MLvsL.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 233
I installed with SSDT and had this score. Removing the SSDT made my score fall to lower than half of that. HWMonitor was showing my system stuck at x16 without the SSDT, but speedstep works after installing the SSDT (my processor only seems to jump between x16, x17, and x34; I don't overclock). The latest version of MultiBeast says that the SSDT is for people running 10.7.4, but it looks like it works for Mountain Lion as well. I'd be great if Tony would post an updated version of MultiBeast that explicitly states to use the SSDT for Sandy Bridge systems on 10.8 as well since I'm guessing some people might not be aware and might be running at half (or less) speed.

my findings apply only to "high" over clocked sandy bridge cpu to 4.8 ghz on gigabyte z77 that did not require dsdt or null cpu power in 10.7.4, only edited ssdt for higher multipliers (started with multibeast 42 and added the rest for 48) while speed step was working.

same setup in 10.8 needs null cpu and i lost speed step.

Geekbench is the same ~ 17340.

mine was 1430 with lion. Now with ML is 1259! Went down but still pretty fast!

Hey guys!!! I'm happy with my score....

Lion: 12770
Mountain Lion: 13095

Everything works fine!!!!
In the mountain lion benchmark your CPU is running 200Mhz faster. Set it back to stock speeds and test again.

i5-2500k Stock, Radeon HD 6850 OC, 16gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance, 128gb Crucial M4 SSD

MacPro3,1 - Geekbench Browser

10020 - Mountain Lion
98xx - Lion, i dont remember exactly what it was.

I have no prior benchmarks as this is a new machine but just got it all sorted tonight and my 64bit score came back at 11130. Stock speeds on a 3570k 16GB of RAM

I actually gained 400 points by upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion lol.

Attachments

• GeekBenchSL.png
    GeekBenchSL.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 209
  • ML64bit.jpg
    ML64bit.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back