Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Geekbench scores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't know about ssdt in lion, so that 4000 score was without. i just ran the ssdt in ML, and my score went from 4000 to 9232. still doesn't sound as high as it should be with what i have.

9200 is what a 2500K should get at stock speeds.

I don't have NullCpuPowerManagement kext for one, and I get 15025 score with GB64.

you most likely have a dsdt file. I was referring to an instance with a Z77 board that did not need a dsdt file, only an ssdt file in order to have a "high" overclock, above 4.2GHZ. This type of ssdt was done adding extra states.

i would say the problem is specific to no dsdt(z77) + sandy bridge proc + overclock with vanilla AICPM kext.

Those who are seeing sluggish scores: I am wondering if you ran an Upgrade install rather than a new install. I first ran an Upgrade install, and it was slower than Lion. I also had problems with transparent icons. After running a new install and going through the usual hoops of installing, (getting sound and video to work correctly, e.g.) I have found Mountain Lion to be faster than Lion. I don't have any previous GeekBench scores to compare. It's just a general, overall impression.

Those who are seeing sluggish scores: I am wondering if you ran an Upgrade install rather than a new install. I first ran an Upgrade install, and it was slower than Lion. I also had problems with transparent icons. After running a new install and going through the usual hoops of installing, (getting sound and video to work correctly, e.g.) I have found Mountain Lion to be faster than Lion. I don't have any previous GeekBench scores to compare. It's just a general, overall impression.

I did a clean install and only seeing 6000 score. I haven't done SSDT yet as it showed that the SSDT was upto CPU upto 4.2Ghz and wasn't sure. I have mine OC to 4.3. I have not done the NullCPU patch yet. Something else - if I choose a clock multiplier of 43x, Geekbench sees the CPU as 17Mhz but if I set to 42x, it seeing the CPU correctly. In either case, scores are low. Didn't have this issue with Lion. Was seeing 14500+ score.

System is Z68 UD3BH B3 - F12
i7 2600k OC to 4.2/4.3

Thanks

Yes mine was an upgrade not from scratch.

Here is mine:

Specs:
· Intel Core I7-2600 LGA1155 3.4 Ghz
· GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155
· 32 GB CORSAIR DDR3 1600Mhz Vengeance
· SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5

I don't used any DSDT.

... i just ran the ssdt in ML, and my score went from 4000 to 9232...

You seems to contradict DeskIDE who just said "SSDT no longer fixes performance problems in Mountain Lion, that was a 10.7.4 fix"
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ntain-lion-geekbench-scores-3.html#post393196)
Is SSDT all you did to double your score?

So... does SSDT method work in ML? Or not? call me confused...

I guess I'll find out if I ever manage to install ML. I cannot boot in ML (on both my hacks),'
Like some others, I have this issue with a crash as soon as Darwin behinds loading (before the grey Apple logo). I haven't done enough reading to see if this problem has been sorted out.
If someone here can shortcut me to the right reading, I'll appreciate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back