Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Customizing the Optimized AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search: show hidden files
Thanks Toleda, found out how to see hidden files so that's OK now. When I open the AppleHDA.kext / Resources/ to edit Platforms, I find Platforms.xml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib. I think the relevant one here is Platforms.zml.zlib. Once it's edited(as.plist) what should I name it? Should I erase the 2 original Platforms.xml/zml.zlibs from the kext as well?

Noted in the current guide, Customization.pdf/Before You Begin/H. cloverALC patch ...
OK thanks Toleda:), I can only find RealtekALC.kext in L/E, not in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/. Is that OK?

I think/hope that I have done the right proceedure, that is edit the 2 kext files being S/L/E AppleHDA.kext and L/E RealtekALC.kext as per the PDF. But when I put these 2 new kexts in place with Kextbeast, the only thing that happens is that in System Prefs/Sound/Select a device for sound output, there are no longer any outputs, it's blank. I tried replacing one kext at a time as well, Original + Edited, to see which kext was causing the problem, but it was also the same, no outputs, blank.

I'm not really sure what to do now.

Last edited:
Yes, MultiBeast uses L/E
Attach the edited files (not the compressed files, Info.plist and Platforms.plist)

Info:
Gigabyte B85M-D3H (Realtek® ALC892 codec)
OSX Sierra 10.12.3
Intel High Definition Audio: Audio ID: 1
Item 10 / PathMapID 892 / CodecID 283904146 / Audio ID 1
7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output: Replaces SPDIFOut Optical with motherboard SPDIF 2 wire SPDIF audio output device

(One thing I did notice right now, trying again was that Kextbeast reports the size of both kexts as Zero KB? Space required: Zero KB)

Attachments

• Info.plist
    13.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Platforms.plist
    173.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
AppleHDA.kext is 4MB
realtekALC.kext is 12KB
The edited kexts are 4MB/12KB, it's just that in Kextbeast it says zero. I just put the original kexts back for now, and kextbeast also reported zero for them too. So I suppose that's not the problem.

(just made a copy of native kext S/L/E/acfs.kext to desktop and ran Kextbeast (cancelled just before the end) and this kext was also reported as zero).

Last edited:
Just wanted to mention that I tried installing the edited kexts with Kext Utility, instead of Kext Beast. Now, even though the spdif 2 wire doesn't work, all the outputs are present in System Prefs/Sound/Select a device for sound output. I noticed that Kext utility repairs permissions and caches.
Were the .plist files correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back