Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on ASUS G74sx from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry friends the problem has been resolved :oops:
After upgrading to 10.8.2 I forgot installation Nvidia update file

After installation the problem has been resolved and things are good so far

but now I need stop trackpad if it possible :think:

thank you :wave:

"stop trackpad" ???

"stop trackpad" ???

I think he means to disable it temporarily, for gaming and stuff. The G74sx has an fn+key to disabletrackpad.

I think he means to disable it temporarily, for gaming and stuff. The G74sx has an fn+key to disabletrackpad.

yes :thumbup: I means disable it.

That should be pretty easy, provided that fn+key generates a scan code that the keyboard driver sees. Install the debug version of my VoodooPS2Controller.kext, then go into Console to look at system.log. Then press the fn+key that you want to disable the trackpad... if it generates a scan code, you will see something like:

Code:
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e037=80

The part on the left side of '=' is the scan code of the key you pressed. Note: it will be something different than e037 (otherwise it would already be working). The right side is the 'adb' code it maps to (adbcode 80 is a deadkey). For this one we don't care what adb code it maps to.

Once you have the scan code of the key, you want to map that scan code to 'e037'. To do that, make an entry in the "Custom PS2 Map" section of the keyboard's Info.plist. For example, if your scan code was 'e099', you would make an entry like:

Code:
<string>e099=e037</string>

Be careful when you're editing plist files. If you don't really understand xml, you should probably be using a plist editor. Obviously, if you're using a plist editor (like xcode), then you don't have to worry about the <string></string> tags.

After successfully making this change and re-installing your kext, reboot. Then again, look at the debug output as you press the key. You should see something like:

Code:
ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key e099=e037, e037=80

This shows you the mapping taking place, e099 to e037 and e037 to deadkey. Internally, though, scancode e037 toggles the disable/enable of the trackpad (and sets/clears the LED if your trackpad has one).

There is more info on the wiki at my github project page for VoodooPS2Controller.

Also, there is also an area in the upper left corner of the trackpad, that when double clicked, will disable the trackpad. The location of that corner is controlled by the DisableZone* config items in the trackpad's Info.plist.

@OmarMohi

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Just a couple more questions regarding 3 more kexts. WHat are they needed for and what modifications were made? I am not using any bluetooth or USB kexts so mass storage and the other kexts I won't need. Maybe my DSDT is already setup for the orange icon and AHCI sata driver? Maybe I will not need the injector and IOAHCIBlock... kexts. I will check system profiler again to see if it is reporting the Sata correctly or not. WHat does it display for you?

The kexts below are the ones I am curious about as to why they are needed:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext << Maybe needed with the smartbattery kext not sure?
AppleACPIPlatform.kext << anything to do with power management or anything in particular for the G74SX? I am using the stock (vanilla) one.

I know on my Dell M1530 I need a modifed AppleACPIPlatform.kext so I get back the complete verbose boot. The issue where PCI begins and no messages appear after that. Never been an issue on the G74SX.

@OmarMohi

Just a couple more questions regarding 3 more kexts. WHat are they needed for and what modifications were made? I am not using any bluetooth or USB kexts so mass storage and the other kexts I won't need. Maybe my DSDT is already setup for the orange icon and AHCI sata driver? Maybe I will not need the injector and IOAHCIBlock... kexts. I will check system profiler again to see if it is reporting the Sata correctly or not. WHat does it display for you?

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext << Maybe needed with the smartbattery kext not sure?
AppleACPIPlatform.kext << anything to do with power management or anything in particular for the G74SX? I am using the stock (vanilla) one.

I know on my Dell M1530 I need a modifed AppleACPIPlatform.kext so I get back the complete verbose boot. The issue where PCI begins and no messages appear after that. Never been an issue on the G74SX.

Well, im sorry to tell you that, but all those kexts are not mine, and i don't know what every kexts does specifically. They are just collected from many places to get everything to work, maybe Baoren would help you with this question :) !

Well, im sorry to tell you that, but all those kexts are not mine, and i don't know what every kexts does specifically. They are just collected from many places to get everything to work, maybe Baoren would help you with this question :) !

@Baoren or RehabMan

Can you comment on my post above this one.

Which kexts are you using from the installation.zip from the first post?

Thanks

@OmarMohi

IOPlatformPlugInFamily.kext/AppleACPIPlatform.kext : no patched version needed for my battery manager. My battery manager runs with vanilla kexts, but usually you need to patch your DSDT because most DSDTs access EC registers with 16-bit (or more) fields and only 8-bit is allowed by AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

I'm not a believer in throwing patched kexts at something without understanding what has been changed and what problem they were trying to solve. It is best to apply things one at a time, and trying to understand why you are doing it.

@RehabMan,

Thanks for your quick reply. Are you using the DSDT in the installation.zip or your own and if your own could you share it so I can compare it to the one I made with Mald0n patcher back in the days which seem to continue to work with all 10.8x version except the script that was added for the GFX with the GTX 560M 3gb version. Mine still shows less than 2gb and I suppose it is because of my DSDT but all software shows it as 3gb. Just System Profiler so I have to assume this is just a cosmetic thing.

I still would like to view your sleep/wake, USB/EHCI, SBUS, Audio, SATA etc scripts and compare them to mine.

I have 16GB system ram not sure if the DSDT would be different for the 12gb version?

Thanks

Sorry friends the problem has been resolved :oops:
After upgrading to 10.8.2 I forgot installation Nvidia update file

After installation the problem has been resolved and things are good so far

but now I need stop trackpad if it possible :think:

thank you :wave:

Hi, I have an ASUS G74SX with GTX560m 3GB version but Im still having some random freezee, I have tried every driver available are you guys having this freezee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back