Nvidia Quadro K2000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All!

I've built my hackintosh already and it works except the internal graphics are pretty bad.

What would be a sub $200 (or around that) graphics card that would work out of the box or close to out of the box in El Capitan?

My specs so far are as follows:
Intel 4770K
Sabertooth Z87
16GB Ram
plus assorted hard drives disk drives, etc.

Thanks!

The most "bang for your buck" is

Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XFK0YO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I have the Gigabyte GTX 950 in my Gene build and like it. It performs as good as the entry level GTX 960 cards.

EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T4BWGBM/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

However, the GTX 960's are on sale at Newegg for a lot less as they advertise in their email'er (~$220-$230), but they involve mail in rebates.

However, if you don't need a lot of graphics compute power, the GTX 750 Ti's are selling for around $100 (again, special prices) and you can get them for less off of eBay. I have the Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti in my Hector build. Works great! :thumbup: But, I don't play games or do a lot of video/photo processing.

Speaking of eBay, you can also get a used GTX 760 which I did for MyHero build while I await the Nvidia drivers for the GTX 1060.

Good luck!

I added an MSI GTX 950 and it's working quite well. See Success: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 + Intel Skylake Core i5-6600 in a Corsair Carbide 200R case).
I took advantage of rebates on Amazon and got it for €150. You can pick any of the brands, just choose the best price.
Some people recommended me a GTX 750 but I thought it's today an almost obsolete technology whereas the GTX 950 is state-of-the-art and not significantly more expensive.
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back