Contribute
Register

Most compatible Motherboard for Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any 9 series?

See User Builds / Golden Builds. 9 series boards at this time have no native support in OS X but can be made to work with some added effort. Not plug-n-play like the 7 or 8 series boards are.

See User Builds / Golden Builds. 9 series boards at this time have no native support in OS X but can be made to work with some added effort. Not plug-n-play like the 7 or 8 series boards are.

It would be nice if this information was consolidated. People looking to get into the hackintosh community go to the Buyer's Guide to pick out components that are supposed to be "the easiest and best supported options". However, all the boards currently listed there are 9-series motherboards, which apparently have "no native support in OS X", and I don't even see a way to go back to look at previous months' Buyer's Guides. I've been planning my build around the GA-Z97X-UD7-TH, but I really don't know if it's more trouble than it's worth.

Decided to give my MSI Gaming 5 another go before sending it back
I downloaded the original bios update file from MSI, flashed it. Put in my OSX Yosimite Installer USB with Clover, booted right up, installed without a problem.

Has support for everything except HDMI Audio.

Had to set my SMBIOS to 3,1 to install Nvidia drivers, after install - put my 750ti back in, runs smooth. Clover auto loaded SMBIOS back to 14,2 but everything works great.

Just gotta figure out the HDMI Audio fix.

I built my first Hackintosh based on the buyers guide and Golden builds. Landed on the Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI and it's been pretty straight forward. There are newer versions available, just do your research!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back