Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi dear community,

I want to build my first hackintosh and I already have all Computer parts except CPU and Motherboard.

To buy a CPU which fits, is pretty easy. I just have to take an Intel CPU with a HD 3000/4000 (Ivy) or HD 4600 (Haswell).

But what about the Motherboard? I know that it has to be one from Gigabyte, but which? :problem:

Is there any motherboard + CPU combo which fulfills these requirements?

1. µATX/ mini-ITX

2. HDMI AUDIO works out of the Box (with IGPU)

3. easy as possible installation (no BIOS MOD/ NO DSDT etc.) since I am a Newbie.

I would rather build an older System (Ivy-Bridge/Sandy-Bridge) than buying a Haswell-CPU with an HD 4600 IGPU and install KEXTS and stuff like that. (Since i am really new to this).

Thanks in Advance for the help.

I'm in a similar situation.

I purchased an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 board as per the tonymac buyers guide, however I'm unable to get it to boot into the installer.

I'm looking to return my motherboard to purchase another one. Hoping to find a 9 series board that is simple to setup.

Hope some people can chime in!

Buyer's Guide - pick and choose. Also look at User Builds and Golden Builds for what others have done - most have a "what I did to make it work" section and a step by step guide.

Buyer's Guide - pick and choose. Also look at User Builds and Golden Builds for what others have done - most have a "what I did to make it work" section and a step by step guide.

Used the buyers guide. After purchasing the board and trying to install - nobody has been successful with this board.

Any personal reccomendations? 9 series pref.

Used the buyers guide. After purchasing the board and trying to install - nobody has been successful with this board.

Any personal reccomendations? 9 series pref.
You do realize that MSI boards need a BIOS edit to unlock MSR or use Clover as a boot loader, yes?

And as for no one having success, I typed in Success and the board in the search block of the forum and the first hit was http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...emite-msi-z97-gaming-5-i5-4670k-ati-270x.html

I know there is a Buyers Guide... but if you buy Parts from the guide doesnt mean it is easy to manage this for people who are new in this stuff. Thats why I am asking for a CPU+Mobo combo which doesnt make any problems and most of the drivers work out of the box.

You do realize that MSI boards need a BIOS edit to unlock MSR or use Clover as a boot loader, yes?

And as for no one having success, I typed in Success and the board in the search block of the forum and the first hit was http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...emite-msi-z97-gaming-5-i5-4670k-ati-270x.html

I've spoken with OP. Op has the gaming 7 - which has been shown to work. The title is misleading on that thread (as I pm'd op)

I've already flashed the BIOS and unlocked the MSR. Clover still doesn't boot.

I know there is a Buyers Guide... but if you buy Parts from the guide doesnt mean it is easy to manage this for people who are new in this stuff. Thats why I am asking for a CPU+Mobo combo which doesnt make any problems and most of the drivers work out of the box.

If you find any info, post in this thread please. I'm looking for a simple to use mobo as well. This one has been such a mess.

If you find any info, post in this thread please. I'm looking for a simple to use mobo as well. This one has been such a mess.
If you can still find one, the GA-Z77-DS3H Rev.1.0 board with an i5 or i7 is very easy to install on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back