Contribute
Register

Monterey with NVIDIA graphic cards (Kepler series) support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCLP is only for use with real Macs according to Dortania.
Hi. I used OCLP on an old T5400 running Monterey 12.01 that has a K600. It worked fine putting the Nvidia drivers back. I didn't use any of the other functions of it though so can't comment on those. I only saw the Kepler patcher later on and haven't tried that. Using OCLP I lost the short updates and got a full large file (for the updates on beta) as it states, and I;m wondering if I had used the Kepler patcher would I have got shorter file updates. I also want to replace the Nvidia card with an AMD but can't afford the prices, just wondering if there are any low spec cheaper AMD cards supporting metal?

@barryw
Tried again today with a new install of Monterey. (October 28th)

I think *maybe* check secure boot is set to either default or disabled?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 22.31.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 22.31.11.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 344
just wondering if there are any low spec cheaper AMD cards supporting metal?
You could look for old AMD RX 460s on Ebay if you can't spend much. The XFX versions should be avoided even though they cost less. The starting price for a 2GB 460 is around 90 USD.

Good news! The OpenCore Patcher worked for me!

I downloaded it in Monterey, ran it, it said it was successful, rebooted and I am back in business.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 2.55.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 2.55.31 PM.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 876
I throw this out there (it might be nothing) but I did check Preferences --> Energy Saver --> Power: I made sure Enable Power Nap was unchecked. I doubt it really had anything to do with anything but I throw it out there for consideration.

As I said OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OLCP) did work for me. When I ran it SIP was deactivated through OpenCore. (see my first post)

Hi. I used OCLP on an old T5400 running Monterey 12.01 that has a K600. It worked fine putting the Nvidia drivers back. I didn't use any of the other functions of it though so can't comment on those. I only saw the Kepler patcher later on and haven't tried that. Using OCLP I lost the short updates and got a full large file (for the updates on beta) as it states, and I;m wondering if I had used the Kepler patcher would I have got shorter file updates. I also want to replace the Nvidia card with an AMD but can't afford the prices, just wondering if there are any low spec cheaper AMD cards supporting metal?

@barryw

I think *maybe* check secure boot is set to either default or disabled?
Any sort of root volume patcher will force full updates. That is likely the same with the Chris' patcher, as it's patching the root volume and then making a new snapshot. This breaks the seal, breaking delta updates.

For everyone else:
Dortania doesn't provide any support for hackintoshes using OCLP. The root volume patches will work as it'll detect whatever hardware needs to be patched, but please do not file issues on their bugtracker related to OCLP and Hackintoshes.

Dortania doesn't provide any support for hackintoshes using OCLP. The root volume patches will work as it'll detect whatever hardware needs to be patched, but please do not file issues on their bugtracker related to OCLP and Hackintoshes.
Wouldn't think about it, as it already states there's no support on the web page for Hackintosh. But thanks for the info as if I understand you correctly, the Kepler patcher will break Delta updates just the same. - Cheers.

Big Sur has support for your K2000 but Monterey doesn't. You'd have to apply the Kepler patching method from Chris1111.
I've read about that but I can't even boot to the installer for Monterey or if I try to upgrade it kernel panics.

I've read about that but I can't even boot to the installer for Monterey or if I try to upgrade it kernel panics.
You could temporarily borrow a supported AMD card and do the upgrade with that. Know anyone with AMD dedicated graphics ? Polaris or newer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back