Contribute
Register

Monitors: Dell U2413 Quick Review vs. ZR24W vs. S2340M

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one other thing with this monitor when conected to a macbook pro. It is better to disable the video enhance from the menú, as when watching vídeos on youtube you get a purple image on them. I have no solution yet for the nasty green that appears when i move a window with the mouse along the screen. It dissapears when the window is in it´s place, but it is irritating... Any solutions? Is it a refresh prolem?

Hello
I'm going to buy the U2413 display to replace my old 20" Cinema Display (aluminium with matt display). Just two question about using it with Mac Pro,
1 - do you have encountered some problems with flickering? I'm a little worried about what I read about LED display.
2 - how it behaves with moving images? sometimes I work with video other than graphics (http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985)

thanks

I just got one of the Dell U2413 Monitors, from Dell via Amazon.

NOTE AFTER SOME TESTING.
Terrific LED monitor. Make sure you use the Dell onscreen display controls to set the default GAMMA to "MAC" not "PC."
Otherwise you can get some weird color flicker artifacts occasionally.

Thanks very much for that, I have it, read a lot, calibrated did the EDID override but still had some wrong window broders. Now it's almost perfect :)

Hi,

I want to buy a new monitor for my next mac (GA-H87N-WIFI) and I hesitate between 2 solutions :

1 - Finding a screen similar to imac 21,5 screen (IPS glossy)

2- taking a bigger screen (but still in 1080i), maybe semi glossy.

My first mac (EP-45-UD3R) works with an IPS 1920x1200 mat (HZ25wi) and it's not as sharp and as beautifull as imac ! (but it's comfortable).

So I have some questions :

Is Os X design to work better with small dot pitch ? Actual imac have small dot pitch (248 dor 21,5"& 233 for 27"). Is it better with glossy screen ?

What could be your choice between a glosy IPS 22" like Dell S2240L or a bigger semi gloss like Benq GW2760HM (VA semi gloss, flicker free). Problem with benq : It' looks "cheap", not "premium" !!

Or dDo you have another suggestion ?

Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back