Register

Mojave Z77-DS3H sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
HDMI audio is separate from and has no effect on 887 audio
Set layout = 2
Restart, reply with new files

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sure I tried layout=2, but happy to try again.

Will do another fresh install before I do that... I've been tring lots of things to try and fix the issue, so I've probably created a complete mess in the files.

I have also ordered a new font panel connector, as I can't quite work out if it's ac97 or not... so for £14, I'll just try a new one.

I'll upload new files with layout =2 once I have the new front audio panel (arriving today, so maybe later on tonight)

Layout = 2 didn't work, and neither did a new front audio board.
(EDIT when I say didn't work, I mean I get the same thing happening, just with more outputs listed)

Will do a minimalist fresh install now and post results

Last edited:
Ok - Clean install done.

Installed everything from Multibeast except audio. Rebooted, then installed ALC
Installed the Kext for my 4800 wifi card
Injector was already set at 2, so left it.

Think I've done everything you need.

Please see atatched files.

Thanks again

Attachments

• LetsTryAgain.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 112
Clean install
Not a macOS problem
Windows, if Realtek driver installed; uninstall
Power down
Cold start: remove power plug, hold power button down for 30 seconds, install power plug
Boot macOS
Reply with new files

Those files are after all those things.

Case was unplugged for a couple of hours while I cleaned the dust out and waited for the front io connector to arrive.
Performed a clean install. No windows drives were attached. Did the things listed above and outputted the attached files.
On my way home from work soon, so will try what you said when I get home.

Ok - Uninstalled Realtek Drivers from Windows 10, Powered down, unplugged, held power for 30 seconds, booted to macOS..same thing.

New files attached, as requested.

Attachments

• mustang80 updated.zip
    991.5 KB · Views: 110
Headphone port/Headphones selected, sound?
Blue port/1st Line Out selected, sound?
Pink port/2nd Line Out selected, sound?

No change. Speakers pluged into all three rear ports, in turn, all state headphones are connected.
According to my mothoerboard manual, blue is Line in and pink is line in. Tried anyway, no change.
Same thing as before - if I have my speakers plugged in and nothing in the front - it thinks headphones are connected. When I plug in headphones to the front, it states internal speakers and I get sound through the speakers.

Maybe it's hardware related and nothing will work. I'm getting closer and closer to just buying an audio switchbox to switch between speakers and headphones, by just having a jack plugged in the front the whole time.

I just don't get what could have happened. a couple of weeks ago I had Mavericks running just fine, connected to my old 24" Dell. Speakers worked, hedphones worked... no problem. Bought a new Samsung 28" 4k display and decided to try installing Mojave on a new SSD - sound issues from the get go, but everything else seems perfect.

The ONLY thing I've noticed, that's different, is the sound output which points to the Samsung. It now appears on Mojave and Mavericks.... But you've already stated tht they won't be conflicting.

Stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back