Contribute
Register

Mojave Z77-DS3H sound issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to my mothoerboard manual, blue is Line in and pink is line in.
Making this harder than it needs to be; useless information.
Layout 2 repurposes blue to black and pink to orange; motherboard inputs are outputs
Tried anyway, no change.
Not the question asked.
For each of the three scenarios: sound, yes or no?
When I plug in headphones to the front, it states internal speakers and I get sound through the speakers.
Front panel connector failure, pin detect wired incorrectly

Last edited:
Making this harder than it needs to be; useless information.
Layout 2 repurposes blue to black and pink to orange; motherboard inputs are outputs

I'm providing information. I didn't know they would be repurposed. Isn't this support page to help people? Your answers read like we should all know as much as you. I don't. I don't claim to. I'm just trying to provide as much information as possible about my setup. I'm even doing as little as possible to the install, to make sure I'm not installing conflicting files.

Not the question asked.
For each of the three scenarios: sound, yes or no?

Literally answered this question - all three - no change.

Front panel connector failure, pin detect wired incorrectly

Same case and connector as I have used perfectly well since 2012. Purchased a new connector after you said (quite bluntly) front panel - repair or replace.

I'm trying everything you asked, yet you reply with short vague messages, say I haven't answered your question when I literally answered it, then tell me I'm providing useless information.

Headphone port/Headphones selected, sound?
Blue port/1st Line Out selected, sound?
Pink port/2nd Line Out selected, sound?

Headphone port / Internal Speakers selected* = No sound through headphones - sound through speakers if in green port. (*MacOS states Internal Speakers with Headphones plugged in, Headphones when not)

Blue port/1st Line Out selected = sound - Sound works, but cannot switch to headphones

Pink port/2nd Line Out selected = sound - Sound works, but cannot switch to headphones

Files attached

EDIT - Apologies re: Earlier comment on literally trying all three... I did, but was taking the sound option text literally and still stated headphones attached on all three. I'll hold my hands up on that one.

The only time the computer states Internal Speakers is when the headphones ARE connected, but no sound through them on any tests.

Attachments

• Audio Port Tests.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 116
Blue port/1st Line Out selected = sound - Sound works, but cannot switch to headphones
Pink port/2nd Line Out selected = sound - Sound works, but cannot switch to headphones
Expected
Headphone port / Internal Speakers selected* = No sound through headphones - sound through speakers if in green port. (*MacOS states Internal Speakers with Headphones plugged in, Headphones when not)
* Pin detect fail
Expected:
No Headphones/no pin detect = Internal Speakers
Headphones/pin detect = Headphones/mutes Internal Speakers

Fatal hardware problem with front panel/green connector, repair or replace
No sound: Motherboard/green and Front Panel/green

Workaround:
Speakers/blue
Headphones/black

Expected

* Pin detect fail
Expected:
No Headphones/no pin detect = Internal Speakers
Headphones/pin detect = Headphones/mutes Internal Speakers

Fatal hardware problem with front panel/green connector, repair or replace
No sound: Motherboard/green and Front Panel/green

Workaround:
Speakers/blue
Headphones/black

I thought it was going that way. Workaround will do just fine for now - until I get around to building a new system.

Thanks for taking the time to look at the issue, though. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back