Contribute
Register

Mojave with Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Legacy boot only setup, yes, the EP45T-UD3LR is pretty ancient, it's a P45 + ICH10R Chipset.

I believe I'm using a Clover legacy build - in that, I'm asking Unibeast to create me a Legacy mode boot disk, which is the same thing, right?

Right now, I swapped back to my old GTX260 as I'm having no luck, despite trying all sorts of configurations. The best I can get is booted into a desktop, but with a black screen.

The thing I find really odd is still that remote desktop'ing into the box shows it recognises the card and all *three* attached screens (I've tried it with anything from 1 upwards with the same result).

Also, when I leave the machine with a black screen, it actually sleeps the attached monitors, hitting return wakes up the connected screens - but they stay black.

It's like the OS knows the screens are attached but just won't use them :\

DID you rebuild caches when you installed kexts to System/Library/Extensions?

If you did not install there and only have them in Clover/Kexts/Other folder then you want to set Clover system parameters to inject kexts and not detect. Post your config.plist

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 9.05.33 AM.png

If you did not install there and only have them in Clover/Kexts/Other folder then you want to set Clover system parameters to inject kexts and not detect. Post your config.plist

I didn't rebuild kext cache, but I have Inject configured in my config.plist
config.plist said:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>

I believe this should be enough?

Attached a .zip of my full EFI/ taken from the USB stick I'm using (in it's current state, I've tried a myriad of variations!). As that is, it will boot me into the OS, but with a black screen. I've been changing some options each time from the Clover GUI too, but the config.plist is pretty current.

Attachments

• Current_EFI_USB_BootToBlackScreen.zip
    22.1 MB · Views: 77
It's a Legacy boot only setup, yes, the EP45T-UD3LR is pretty ancient, it's a P45 + ICH10R Chipset.
I believe I'm using a Clover legacy build - in that, I'm asking Unibeast to create me a Legacy mode boot disk, which is the same thing, right?
Right now, I swapped back to my old GTX260 as I'm having no luck, despite trying all sorts of configurations. The best I can get is booted into a desktop, but with a black screen.
The thing I find really odd is still that remote desktop'ing into the box shows it recognises the card and all *three* attached screens (I've tried it with anything from 1 upwards with the same result).
Also, when I leave the machine with a black screen, it actually sleeps the attached monitors, hitting return wakes up the connected screens - but they stay black.
It's like the OS knows the screens are attached but just won't use them :\
What SMBIOS are you using, the closest I can see would be iMac9,1. I would avoid any MacMini or MacBook SMBIOS unless you are using a mobile CPU.

Hmm, the `YES` rather than `Yes` or `<true/>` couldn't be my problem could it? That would explain a lot...

What SMBIOS are you using, the closest I can see would be iMac9,1. I would avoid any MacMini or MacBook SMBIOS unless you are using a mobile CPU.

I've been using MacPro5,1 as this was what worked with High Sierra. I also saw recommendations for iMac13,1 which I've tried.

I didn't think iMac9,1 was still supported, so didn't try that? I may be misunderstanding how the SMBIOS ProductName string works but I didn't see iMac9,1 or anything that old in the list of options when building with MultiBeast and figured it was no longer supported?

I've been using MacPro5,1 as this was what worked with High Sierra. I also saw recommendations for iMac13,1 which I've tried.
I didn't think iMac9,1 was still supported, so didn't try that? I may be misunderstanding how the SMBIOS ProductName string works but I didn't see iMac9,1 or anything that old in the list of options when building with MultiBeast and figured it was no longer supported?
SMBIOS are selected based off CPU, you should match SMBIOS to close as possible to CPU that you are using. Not based off macOS version you are wanting to install. Try this folder I attached. I changed SMBIOS, added newest Clover files and added newest Lilu+WEG. You do not have to use Multibeast. Use Clover Configurator.

Attachments

22.8 MB · Views: 67

Drivers64 and 64EFI folders don't have Aptiomemoryfix. try this.

Attachments

22.1 MB · Views: 71
SMBIOS are selected based off CPU, you should match SMBIOS to close as possible to CPU that you are using.
Different SMBIOS/product name/product ID will match many configuration files throughout OS, not just CPU.

Different SMBIOS/product name/product ID will match many configuration files throughout OS, not just CPU.
True but matching to CPU is best, because all other stuff can be patched.

Tried with both, but no change to previously - actually with the iMac9,1 definition I couldn't even boot, I got "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform!" when booting in verbose. I tried iMac10,1 too as I noticed this is the last of the iMac's to have a Core2 Duo, this got a little further but also dies.

Very last thing I can see on the screen in verbose mode, before it goes black, is "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0".

I'll have to return to the Nvidia card for now as my girlfriend needs the machine to work on next week, hopefully, I can come back to this again soon and get it finally working! :\

Thanks for all your help so far! All suggestions are very helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back