Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z390-P
CPU
I5-9600k
Graphics
Saphire Pulse RX580
Hello everybody,
This is my first experience with hackintosh, for 7 days I have read and tried everything that I found. I have dealt with several issues but I can`t pass this one. I said that I would post a thread here as my last hope of installing hackintosh on my pc. I don`t even know if I will be able to install mojave because all guides for a similar configuration as mine that I have found are kinda old.
So, what I have tried until now?
Unibeast UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy Boot Mode with the following boot flags: npci=0x2000 (as default to pass "PCI Configuration Begin"), cpus=1, kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1, dart=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0, USBBusFix=Yes, UseKernelCache=No
For BIOS settings I used the configuration mentioned in the mojave installation guide.
I have used USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext and I also added new patch for 10.14 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist found here.
Is there anyone who can help me? Someone that has a similar configuration with me?
I have attached 4 photos where the installation stuck before "still waiting for root device" and one with the "still waiting for root device" but when the error appear the screen becomes unreadable.
PS: I don`t know if I set up my signature right, my configuration is: i7-3820, gtx 770, Asus Rampage IV Formula x79.

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 204
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 191
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 115
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20190514_174813.jpg
    IMG_20190514_174813.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 69
Hello everybody, still no progress at all. I realized that my configuration is kinda old and I don`t think that I will be able to make it work. Anyway, it was kinda fun reading those posts from here and trying stuff on my end. Maybe I will try an older os when I will have some free time but for sure when I will be in the position to buy a new pc, I will definitely buy a build for hackintosh. Thank you all for everything! Your content here motivated me to try harder and I could say that I learned a lot from you guys.

Unibeast UEFI Boot Mode and Legacy Boot Mode with the following boot flags: npci=0x2000 (as default to pass "PCI Configuration Begin"), cpus=1, kext-dev-mode=1, nv_disable=1, dart=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0, USBBusFix=Yes, UseKernelCache=No
Your motherboard supports UEFI so use UEFI mode.
kext-dev-mode=1 is not valid in Mojave.
GraphicsEnabler=No is not valid in Clover.
PCIRootUID=0 is default.

I have used USBInjectAll.kext, XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
Your chipset is 7 series, no need for a 200 series kext.

"still waiting for root device"
When booting from USB this means that there is a problem reading from the USB which is usually related to the USB controller.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
It can be caused by using a flash drive that is greater than 32GB, if this is the case you must create a partition of 32GB or less.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled in your BIOS settings.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. (Click Download repository).
May require a USB Port Limit patch.

Thank you P1LGRIM, tomorrow I will be able to rebuild the bootable usb on a friend's mac. I will do everything as you told me and I will come with updates. If I will be successful I will document the process and make a post here. Maybe there will be also some people who will encounter the same issues as me.

As already stated above. I can concur, booting from a USB 2 drive does the trick during installation. Either a physical USB 2 memory or "faking" one through a USB 2 hub. In my case i used the USB slot on my keyboard and it worked.

So, I done everything what you suggested guys, from the BIOS settings to the bootable USB. I am using an 8GB USB 2.0. I added USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Also added USB Port Limit patch for Mojave 10.14.5 .
I tried all USB ports 2.0+ a 2.0 USB hub but without any success (also tried the USB port from my keyboard). What I've noticed from all the intrusions is that if I use USB Ownership and USB Injection it remains stuck in "End RandomSeed" and without these settings passes on but the "Still waiting for root device" error still occurs. Another interesting thing is that if I do not use USB Ownership and USB when going through "End RandomSeed" the keyboard light and the mouse turn off, it's like turning off the electricity from the USB ports.

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_115540.jpg
    IMG_20190621_115540.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20190619_232916.jpg
    IMG_20190619_232916.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20190619_232111.jpg
    IMG_20190619_232111.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Status
Not open for further replies.