Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Mojave Installation Stuck with ASUS Z390 Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The EFI I uploaded was the EFI from your USB Installer I did some editing to overcome the "2 Minutes Freeze " issue you had during installation.
  • For that editing I'd performed the following steps
    • I added to your EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other missing kexts like Lilu.kext+WhatEverGreen.kext+XHCIunsupported.kext, USBInjectALL.kext and AppleAlc.kext .
    • I did not add anything to your drivers64UEFI folder at that time .
    • I edited config.plist correcting some errors and omissions.
  • Immediately after I uploaded that Folder, I saw your cross posting and Richard's Post in reply to your's.
    • I agreed with Richard about adding EmuVaraiableUEFI-64 to your drivers64UEFI if the System was still hanging without completing the installation.
    • Your next post was that you had succeeded with installation and there was no reference to how; but later you mentioned you just used the edited CLOVER for the successful installation.
  • After installation,
    • Did you copy and paste the same Edited EFI Folder from the USB Installer disk on to the Hard disks' EFI Partition? or
    • Did you run Multibeast on the System Disk? or
    • Did you run a new Clover EFI from the NET on that System Disk?
  • Since the current problem is with the System Disk Shut Down, please upload its CLOVER as a zipped file using Clover Configurator (Global Edition) after Mounting the EFI from System hard disk.
I think I forgot to mention that I did add the EmuVariableUEFI-64 to the EFI that you uploaded before starting the installation. Once the installation was done all I did so far was to run Multibeast.

I downloaded Clover Configurator Global Edition now and attached the EFI folder from the boot drive as Zip with this post.

To be honest I do really not have a lot of background knowledge about the entire topic I did not even know that there was a new EFI folder on my boot hard drive (I don't even know what EFI stands for) .
So since I got a EFI folder on my boot drive that I can open with Clover Configurator does that mean that I can just edit the EFI folder on the Boot Drive using Clover Configurator and I do not have to do a new reinstall of the entire OS if I want to add drivers or change stuff?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.7 MB · Views: 136
I did upload the EFI from the M21 Drive I hope this is the right one.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 19.52.20.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 19.52.20.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 79
I did upload the EFI from the M21 Drive I hope this is the right one.
  • You have uploaded the correct Extensible Firmware Interface Folder [See edited image for some useful ID tips]
  • The CLOVER folders in it does not contain EmuVariableUEFI-64 file in its drivers64UEFI folder.
  • You can copy and paste it there .[See image of your CLOVER File Tree].
    • While at it , you can just delete those empty numbered kexts Folders which are relics of older versions of macOS and OS X Clover. ]
  • I have edited and uploaded config.plist SECTIONS.
  • If even after adding EmuVariableUEFI-64 as above, you still get the Shut Down issue, check what you can try in config.plist_ACPI _Fixes as shown in the Edited image [√]FixShutdown
  • If you don't have any Graphics or audio issues , you don't need to do any further editing to your CLOVER .

Attachments

• CCG Screen shot.png
    CCG Screen shot.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 1.EFI_CLOVER-Drivers64UEFI-kexts_Other.png
    1.EFI_CLOVER-Drivers64UEFI-kexts_Other.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.config.plist_ACPI.png
    2.config.plist_ACPI.png
    275 KB · Views: 150
  • 3.config.plist_Boot.png
    3.config.plist_Boot.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 4.config.plist_Devices.png
    4.config.plist_Devices.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 5.config.plist_Gui.png
    5.config.plist_Gui.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    6.config.plist_Graphics.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 7.config.plist_Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    7.config.plist_Kernel and Kext Patches.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 8.config.plist_Rt Varaiables.png
    8.config.plist_Rt Varaiables.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 9.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    9.config.plist_SMBIOS.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 10.Config.plist_System Parameters.png
    10.Config.plist_System Parameters.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 114
  • You have uploaded the correct Extensible Firmware Interface Folder [See edited image for some useful ID tips]
  • The CLOVER folders in it does not contain EmuVariableUEFI-64 file in its drivers64UEFI folder.
    • While at it , you can just delete those empty numbered kexts Folders which are relics of older versions of macOS and OS X Clover. ]
  • If even after adding EmuVariableUEFI-64 as above, you still get the Shut Down issue, check what you can try in config.plist_ACPI _Fixes as shown in the Edited image [√]FixShutdown
  • If you don't have any Graphics or audio issues , you don't need to do any further editing to your CLOVER .
Thank you very much. I will try it tomorrow and give feedback.

Ok so I did add the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file to the drivers64UEFI folder and deleted the empty numbered kext folders (I did not delete the other folder). When I tried to shutdown it would not work, but when I try to start the PC now it will give me the prohibition sign and not load the OS. I can start the OS in safe mode, but Clover Configurator wont let me mount any drives in Safe Mode to edit the EFI folder. Is there a way to boot with another EFI Folder (like the one I uploaded earlier) from USB? Or do I have to reinstall the entire harddrive (a option that I would like do get around if its not the only way since I had already started working on a project on the drive in the recent days)

(I attached a screenshot of the verbose screen when trying to boot now / sorry for the blurry text)

Attachments

• 4D806705-C478-4C43-90E7-B21D2A2A8DBF.jpeg
    4D806705-C478-4C43-90E7-B21D2A2A8DBF.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
Forgot to tag you (not sure if you get a notification if I do not post the message as reply)

Update:

I thought that the reason for me getting the prohibited sign must be the EmuVariableUEFI-64. I could only start OSX from the M21 Drive in Safe Mode which does not allow me to mount the EFI folder of the drive. So I tried to make a new UniBeast USB Install drive just like the one I used to install Mojave successfully on the M21 Drive but this time I would install it on the M22 Drive so that I could boot it from there in normal mode and edit the EFI Folder on the M21 Drive using the Clover Configurator. When I tried to start the installation from the USB Stick I got the prohibition Sign. This is why I decided to make sure that everything was just like it was the first time when I successfully installed the OS. So I disconnected all USB connection apart from the Mouse and Keyboard (these had been a Audio Interface and a USB Wifi Stick) and went into the BIOS to turn the Sata Controllers OFF.

With these Settings I would be able to load the Install Mojave USB Drive again and started the installation on the M22 Drive however once the USB Drive was done with the installation on the M22 and shut the PC down so that you would normally continue by selecting the Install Mojave from M22 Drive from the Clover menu. However I was away from the PC for a moment and a short 3 Second countdown (in the Clover Menu) made the PC load the M21 Drive from the Clover Menu. And now the PC would load the OSX without a prohibition sign.

I checked the M21 Drives EFI folder and it did still contain the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file. So I just thought I would try to shutdown the PC and it worked.

So I assume that it had something to do with the USB Connections or the SATA Controllers set to ON.

I am a bit confused why it works this way but it works now so I am happy to have a Mojave install that can shutdown now. Thanks a ton again to you both.

EDIT: Just found the real reason it will for some reason only BOOT and not give me the prohibition sign if the USB Stick is in the PC. Once I remove the USB Stick I can not Boot anymore. Even through I am booting the M21 Drive and not the USB.

Last edited:
Update:

I thought that the reason for me getting the prohibited sign must be the EmuVariableUEFI-64. I could only start OSX from the M21 Drive in Safe Mode which does not allow me to mount the EFI folder of the drive. So I tried to make a new UniBeast USB Install drive just like the one I used to install Mojave successfully on the M21 Drive but this time I would install it on the M22 Drive so that I could boot it from there in normal mode and edit the EFI Folder on the M21 Drive using the Clover Configurator. When I tried to start the installation from the USB Stick I got the prohibition Sign. This is why I decided to make sure that everything was just like it was the first time when I successfully installed the OS. So I disconnected all USB connection apart from the Mouse and Keyboard (these had been a Audio Interface and a USB Wifi Stick) and went into the BIOS to turn the Sata Controllers OFF.

With these Settings I would be able to load the Install Mojave USB Drive again and started the installation on the M22 Drive however once the USB Drive was done with the installation on the M22 and shut the PC down so that you would normally continue by selecting the Install Mojave from M22 Drive from the Clover menu. However I was away from the PC for a moment and a short 3 Second countdown (in the Clover Menu) made the PC load the M21 Drive from the Clover Menu. And now the PC would load the OSX without a prohibition sign.

I checked the M21 Drives EFI folder and it did still contain the EmuVariableUEFI-64 file. So I just thought I would try to shutdown the PC and it worked.

So I assume that it had something to do with the USB Connections or the SATA Controllers set to ON.

I am a bit confused why it works this way but it works now so I am happy to have a Mojave install that can shutdown now. Thanks a ton again to you both.
OK . Good that you could finally get a Mojave you can boot into to do your computing and safely shut down when you want to; that's not too much to ask from a machine you worked so hard to build!:)

Hi,

I have the same problem. I used emuvariableuefi.efi to fix shutdown. But that produces boot problem. Even with Aptiomemory.fix, I cannot boot successfully. It gives an error about allocating memory. If I am lucky I can boot after several tries.

I did try with BIOS update 1105 which generates ACPI stuck (I fixed with config).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back